Shadowrun Returns - New Screens

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Rock, Paper, Shotgun has some new screens from French site Fondation Draco that apparently originated with GameInfomer. At any rate, head here to look at all four and here's a small taste:
shr2small.jpg
More information.

Umm… no FoW?

Edit: Harebrained have been in touch to let us know that the shots are not screenshots but rather “concept pieces assembled in Photoshop using real in-game assets and character models in arranged poses”. Still, they’re very stylish concept pieces and that’s a much more specific description than we normally receive for things that purport to be ‘gameplay footage’ trailers.

So no, it's not real screenshot.

man i love it ! maybe a commandos nephew in the futuuuure ?

Last edited:
There have been concerns about the art style being too "cartoonish" and not "gritty".

Looks great to me! :)

I wouldn't mind the actual game looking exactly like these "screenshots"

There have been concerns about the art style being too "cartoonish" and not "gritty".

Looks great to me! :)

I wouldn't mind the actual game looking exactly like these "screenshots"

I personally like the art style. I liked it when I saw it in the the player's handbook for SR4e. So, I'm glad they are continuing with it :)

Very nice, glad to see some devs with balls, and yes it takes balls to make games with an art style other than "completely-generic-because-we-want-to-please-everyone" these days it seems.

So cartoonish graphics are better than realistic then? Good to know. I have no problem myself but still prefer my how did you say generic style.:)

So cartoonish graphics are better than realistic then? Good to know. I have no problem myself but still prefer my how did you say generic style.:)

There's a few times where realism shines in games, like the facial expressions in L.A Noire, which looks ~90% as good as in any movie, that's completely acceptable and a joy to see. But most of the time those "realistic" games tend to blend together and look just the same (=generic). Same crappy, unrealistic animations, same generic body types and faces etc.

So i would say it depends, i wouldnt mind a Fallout that had an actual comic book like art style, but i also wouldnt mind a Fallout with NPC's that are as realistic as those in L.A Noire. Either would be much better than the completely generic look it has now (FO3 - FO:NV).

There's more than one style of animated graphics; it's a matter of matching the style to the genre and setting. In this case, the style looks like a pretty decent fit.

So i would say it depends, i wouldnt mind a Fallout that had an actual comic book like art style, but i also wouldnt mind a Fallout with NPC's that are as realistic as those in L.A Noire. Either would be much better than the completely generic look it has now (FO3 - FO:NV).

I would pay millions to see Bethesda incorporate the same interactive style of interaction as L.A Noire but in an rpg. It sure beats the dead stare of motionless npc's while they talk.

It would be way to expensive though.

Back
Top Bottom