Exp:Viking What future installments of Expeditions would you like to see?

Expeditions: Viking

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform
As we're going to be waiting a bit longer for Viking to come out, I've been thinking about what other historical periods / areas I'd love to see Logic Artists take on in the future. There

American Frontier aka "Wild West"- (mid 1800's USA) There's barely any Wild West RPGs, yet the setting seems to have great RP opportunities... Could take place on a segment of the Oregon Trail. Potential conflict / alliances with with bandits, local law enforcement, Native American tribes, etc. Hopefully firearms would be much more deadly than in Conquistadors.

Aside from that I think Anywhere in Asia or Africa has the potential to be interesting (very few RPGs taking place in either of those continents). Or perhaps the Crusades in late 11th century Jerusalem...

So what Expeditions would you all be interested in seeing down the road?

I would like an undead Expeditions, where different types of undeads have different abilities, and the goal is to bring darkness to the world!

I would like an undead Expeditions, where different types of undeads have different abilities, and the goal is to bring darkness to the world!

Hmm, I must've missed that period in my history classes.

American Frontier aka "Wild West"- (mid 1800's USA) There's barely any Wild West RPGs, yet the setting seems to have great RP opportunities… Could take place on a segment of the Oregon Trail. Potential conflict / alliances with with bandits, local law enforcement, Native American tribes, etc. Hopefully firearms would be much more deadly than in Conquistadors.

That's pretty good idea, though I would keep it more to the Frontier rather than Wild West (so more like Revenant rather than a typical western). BTW check out Hard West for an RPG set in wild west (though it has some Lavcrafrian part to it).

I am all Middle Ages guy myself so something related to the Crusades comes to my mind as well (though not sure how it can work with the party-based system).

Expeditions Middle Kingdom might be interesting, especially during the time of the first emperor.

Middle Kingdom as in Egypt? not familiar with that era, what expeditions were made then?
If keeping the expeditions theme, perhaps the Africa explorations, or the search for the Nyle's source.

A few interesting ones in my mind would be:

China: Travelers going on the Silk Road to China trying either earn fame, glory, or gold.
Japan: Westerners trying to open up Japan to trade or potentially try to conquer part of Japan. could include an expansion pack for being Mongols instead of westerners
Crusades

Middle Kingdom as in Egypt? not familiar with that era, what expeditions were made then?
If keeping the expeditions theme, perhaps the Africa explorations, or the search for the Nyle's source.

China is also known as the Middle Kingdom but Egypt would be cool too. There was the silk road which was a trade route between east and west which you could use to tell a story.

Expeditions: Alpha Centauri or better Expeditions: Local Group :D
If they want to keep it historical, there could Expeditions: Jerusalem, Expeditions: Africa or maybe Expeditions: Teutonic Order ^^

Some of these ideas were also presented in the interview here:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/expeditions--viking-interview-399.html

Expeditions: Normans - they said its too similar to Vikings to they wont do it

Expeditions: Persia - greek commander on campaign into the heart of Persian empire. They liked it.

Expeditions: Hanibal - Hanibal's famous campaign. They liked it.

Back
Top Bottom