What games are you playing now?

Still playing ToEE when I have time. Also playing the demo for a survival-horror game called Biocide which is a sort of an homage to games like Resident evil. It's kind of rough right now, but it seems to have some potential.

It is! :D Is it your first run? I thought you had finished it long ago… How many hours have you accumulated already?
182 hours according to Steam. That includes liberal Alt-Tabbing for character development planning, as well as the "Beneath the Stolen Lands" DLC, which I finished with a 3-character party.

I started playing after the game came out and stopped when I encountered two gameplay bugs: One that made Linzi's companion quest fail due to an important NPC not being present without my knowledge so I had to backtrack a lot, the other was with kingdom quests that caused kingdom stats to plummet weekly. Then came several patches and 2.0, but was never in the mood to get back in.

182 hours according to Steam. That includes liberal Alt-Tabbing for character development planning, as well as the "Beneath the Stolen Lands" DLC, which I finished with a 3-character party.

I started playing after the game came out and stopped when I encountered two gameplay bugs: One that made Linzi's companion quest fail due to an important NPC not being present without my knowledge so I had to backtrack a lot, the other was with kingdom quests that caused kingdom stats to plummet weekly. Then came several patches and 2.0, but was never in the mood to get back in.
Ouch. The kingdom management issues are particularly frustrating, they should really not get in the way so significantly IMO.

Well, it's good you could get back in, and not have to start from scratch. Happy questing! :)

If I ever replay the Pathfinder: Kingmaker game, it will certainly be done with the kingdom management system either complete shut down or minimized in some fashion. I didn't find dealing with that any fun in the least.

…: FWIW, I prefer open world games to have harder encounters that you can stumble onto (just return later if you can't handle it), and the developers should at least be commended for having the option in there for if you stumble upon it early.

This. I remember the raptors in one of the Gothics. In the beginning I had not a chance at fighting them. But I could run faster (and longer) than they could. And when I came back later and stronger, and finally took out the first of them … yay!!!

pibbuR who aknowledges that his difficulties with said raptors may most of all be due to him not being very good at playing those games.

EDIT: Ouch. For some reason I thought this was a post from today. Well, well, I have experience in (at? other?) ressurection.

This. I remember the raptors in one of the Gothics. In the beginning I had not a chance at fighting them. But I could run faster (and longer) than they could. And when I came back later and stronger, and finally took out the first of them … yay!!!

pibbuR who aknowledges that his difficulties with said raptors may most of all be due to him not being very good at playing those games.

EDIT: Ouch. For some reason I thought this was a post from today. Well, well, I have experience in (at? other?) ressurection.

You're not the only fighting those raptors and running away.

I couldn't even beat the scavenger at the pass the first time and died multiple times before running away to the two hunters.

I'd love the remake to keep true to that - potentially even with the same combat system. But I doubt that will happen.

I'm all over the place, i just cannot focus lately

Driftland - A majesty'ish game of kingdom management among floating islands without direct control of your population of warriors.

Aggressors: Ancient Rome - really the first super-detailed historical approaching paradox-level of detail 4x game that I've been able to tolerate.

Jurassic World Evolution: I'm building my own Jurassic park, it's awesome

Warhammer 40k: Battlesector - I said I wasnt going to get this, but deep in my heart I know that I'm a fool to say so. I'm a sucker for TB 40K games. So far it's what's to be expected. A lot of explosions, rivers of blood, roman-esque space knights lookin for a fight. Blood Angels are an interesting faction. It's exactly what it says on the box so far, we'll see if it blows up into anything more

HOI 4 and Kingdom Come once again. Hopefully I finish it this time.

After finishing Final Fantasy one, I thought about immediately diving into the second game, then spotted a sale for extra content on West of Loathing, which I'd never picked up. Since I played the base game four years ago, I figured I'd grab the content and do a replay of the entire great game! I tell ya, if you're in the mood for a game that will have you chuckling like you're replaying Leisure Suit Larry games, West of Loathing can totally scratch that itch!

Greedfall. After a slow start this one is a joy to play (for now). It seems to me Greedfall doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Very interesting setting and story setup. The sidequests were more than just fetch and I kind of like the companions + their backstories. The graphics and visual style are great too.

Negatives include the imprecise controls and sensitive camera + too many invisible sections when rounding corners. The combat is also quite easy for now, I hope it holds up.

I went for a firearms build, and as I saw that traps are kind of complimentary (both affected by accuracy) I also took that. As points are quite rare (especially talents) I was wondering if I should also invest in a melee skills? The better swords require investment in strength or agility I see. For talents I went for charisma and vigor (and maybe science if I enough).

Well, I played a 1-2 hours of Diablo 2 Resurrected, and it shocking how good of a remaster they achieved. It absolutely looks exactly how my mind's eye remembers it. There is a little bit of clunkyness, but I can't remember if that's how it was, or if it's due to the remaster.

One thing is certain, Vicarious Visions, the studio that handled it did a fantastic job of managing to run the same game engine but intercept graphics calls in order to render a 3D physically-based scene. Amazing technical job. I cannot imagine a better job than this.

The only thing that makes me sad is the fact that I'm sure the tech guys who managed this black magic were certainly not rewarded to the size of this achievement. But I may be wrong.

The only thing standing in my way of enjoying this further is that I don't think I have the time to go through this game all over again, if I think about how huge it is. And how I'm of the kind that has to lawn-mower every map, and explore everything. This may be a game for another time in my life.

D2 Resurrected might just be the game to give me back the urge to play w/ other people online!

That was really the last "good times" in MP for me
(I dont really count the MMO years)

I gave the Arthurian chess-like TB game Pendragon a try last night, and… meh
I liked the story-building-roguelike aspect, but the game mechanics just werent very clear to me. There seemed to be a ton of reviews complaining, and I saw those complaints in my head as something that would bug me too. And compound on top of what was bugging me. When i couldnt refund, later on.

It was fun to try, and cool looking art, but not my style of game
Rare refund on my part

In a month. This week is the closed beta, and next week is the open beta for everyone. Unfortunately they only have the multiplayer beta available. So you also get the lag spikes :(

Thanks. I loved the game when it came out, but not sure how much I'd like it today.

Back
Top Bottom