Elex 2 Elex 2 Discussion

No need to play them in order since they're completely unrelated. Just go with what you're more in the mood for. (fantasy vs post-apoc)

I know but, generally I just go in the order of release. This also helps avoid any quality of life mechanics they might have introduced in later ones, that I’m gonna miss/notice in earlier ones. Anyway, it’s not a big deal. I’ll see what tickles my fancy at that moment.

No, we don't.

I guess the main character won't be customizable? That would be a shame, because I really dislike the Elex2-Jax. :|

I could be tempted to play Elex 2 if the main character was customizable, but yeah.

It depends on what you are looking for.

I generally want the stories I play to be about me and my character, reflect my choices and my failings. I'm much less interested in being told the story of some random cliche dude I can't relate to. I do understand there is an audience for that though, but I consume that kind of stuff in another format - movies and series.

Just not for me, but hopefully it'll be a better game than Elex 1 for those who enjoy it.

No, we don't.

I guess the main character won't be customizable? That would be a shame, because I really dislike the Elex2-Jax. :|
What you don't like the bald action hero look from the 80's?

Man I would love if PB would allow you to customize Jax but they never will. Now why do I say this? Well given their past track record male bald action is the preference.

Maybe hair is to much as I've watched videos on how complicated hair is in games.

We could page Joxer for his opinion as he loves NVIDIA hair-works.:lol:

What you don't like the bald action hero look from the 80's?

Man I would love if PB would allow you to customize Jax but they never will. Now why do I say this? Well given their past track record male bald action is the preference.

Maybe hair is to much as I've watched videos on how complicated hair is in games.

We could page Joxer for his opinion as he loves NVIDIA hair-works.
Actually, the nameless hero had a ponytail :D

Actually, the nameless hero had a ponytail :D

This is what he'd look like with modern hd graphics.:p

tfrovw57yku41.jpg

Anyway your correct but bald or shaved head was the industry standard at one point.

New Elex 2 Gameplay - The Beginning Area, Combat & More

Breaking down the new gameplay for the upcoming open world RPG by Piranha Bytes - Elex 2.

This is what he'd look like with modern hd graphics.:p

tfrovw57yku41.jpg

Anyway your correct but bald or shaved head was the industry standard at one point.
Hahaha
Where did you find that?

I was just kidding by the way if the smiley didn't make it clear.
Not really bothered as long as the exploration is good.

Well, this guy looks much better then Elex2-Jax, who just looks unsympathic to. It's the first time I'm having problems with a PB hero.

If anyone is wondering, the gameplay footage there was taken from Gronkh's Twitch stream, so if you already saw that, there isn't anything new.

Well, this guy looks much better then Elex2-Jax, who just looks unsympathic to. It's the first time I'm having problems with a PB hero.

I think Jax looks pretty much the same as he did in the first game.

Come to think of it, none of PB's heroes have ever been the emotional type.

Wonder if anyone else noticed the voice actor for Jax sounded different?

That's because it's a different voice actor. Also based off that stream and other videos the basic plot looks like your infected, and have to stop the alien infestation/invasion.

Did they call it dark matter or something it was hard to tell?

@Moriendor; Yeah, I'm probably thinking of what he looks like in the rendered scenes. I can't say I paid much attention to what he looked like during the gameplay segments because I was much more interested in the enemies and the environment. Plus you're not viewing him from the front most of the time.

I did notice what you mention about Caja though. I figured she was just aged a bit plus she had a kid so…

As far as the spoken dialogue being awkward, I've always thought that was the case with all their games to some degree. It just never bothered me.

Yeah I dont like the fact that the characters are bald. Is this a first for PB games, I dotn remember them having mainly bald characters in the past.

Where was Adam Dawkins encountered in the first game? The name seems familiar, but I can't remember if he was with one of the factions or on his own. *Edit* Was he the Cleric captured by The Outlaws and forced to build that robot?

Also, who/what are the Morkons?

Last edited:
I don't think he appeared in person. I can't remember either :) . But after checking out this link I do remember exploring his cellar (we can see a photo/poster of him here).

Ok, I remember those memoirs now after reading them again and who Dawkins was.

He's the guy who eventually became The Hybrid in Elex 1. So I guess there's an ending where he survives? I killed him in my game.

To be honest, I'm definitely a little disappointed that they ignore player choice like this. I'm sure that ELEX is once again destined to become a trilogy as usual for PB. It would have been nice if they would have done more planning and allowed for some player choices to carry over from game to game. Why even have three different endings if you dictate what needs to be the canon ending for the sequel?

Well, it's not like we're importing our character. If that was the case, then yeah, I'd agree that our choices in the first game should carry over. I'm fine with them picking a canon ending.

I've always found C&C over multiple sequels to be largely disappointing. Even in games where it was supposed to be a big deal, like in the ME trilogy, it had very little impact for me.

Back
Top Bottom