Cyber Knights: Flashpoint - Live on Kickstarter

Yeah, I don't mean it as necessarily a bad or wrong thing, I just personally prefer to enter a game when it's completely done and finished. I know plenty of folks that like the additional content as they chug through the game, and that's fine, the more people you can cater to the better the reception of your product.

This is why I'm currently playing FF Tactics: Rebirth. That game is done and finished. Underrail has the same problem: It was big a couple years ago, then it got super-expanded recently with the Jet-Ski expansion, then they announced they wish to expand it even more with a couple free DLCs in that same world. Same with Battle Brothers. Just decide, how much expanded content is finally enough.
Then move on to the next game, there you can promise whatever you want.

I'm repeating exactly that for years already.
Then again, DLC craze killed MMO craze, so it's kinda lesser evil.

Yeah Mercy, I'd be playing the heck out of Final Fantasy Tactics if it were available on either great old games or steam. One day I hope us computer folk get the opportunity to enjoy it on our system of choice.

Yeah Mercy, I'd be playing the heck out of Final Fantasy Tactics if it were available on either great old games or steam. One day I hope us computer folk get the opportunity to enjoy it on our system of choice.
Have you played Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift? It was on the Nintendo DS.

No, I've not played that one, Couch. While I've owned a few portable consoles, I've never had a Nintendo DS. I've learned the hard and somewhat expensive way that I simply prefer gaming on my computer, and if that's not an option for a particular game, I'll just do without. And perhaps whinge a bit about it. =p

Now, if you've got a list of games that would be similar to the Final Fantasy Tactics genre and are available for the computer, feel free to educate me =)

Now, if you've got a list of games that would be similar to the Final Fantasy Tactics genre and are available for the computer, feel free to educate me =)

Well the best way is to use a PS1/PS 2/Nintendo DS emulator on the PC.

As for the PC not many games can compare but here you go.

1. Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark
  2. Voidspire Tactics
  3. Alvora Tactics
  4. Disgaea PC
  5. Disgaea 2 PC

I own all but one of those listed, and after reading up on Alvora Tactics it seems like a game I'd also enjoy, so marking that one for purchase in the future. Thanks for the suggestion and list!

So let me get this straight...you guys are complaining about free content upgrades?

Not a complaint from me at all, I just prefer to play a game once it's fully complete rather than piecemeal. It helps me a lot when they give you a sense of when the game will be fully completed.

We are complaining about the game being spread out and not being 100% at release right away.

The game was 100% of what they said it would be at release....they just added more to the idea after.

The game was 100% of what they said it would be at release….they just added more to the idea after.

Yeah, but what if the game on release is expected to be sub par, but because all the additions which were already promised are making it worthwhile?

Also, how should I know whether or not the story is already finished in the game at release?

Also you could make the argument, that's also true for pretty much all AAA games which come with day one DLCs and season passes. I mean you know that they will stuff on top of the game. So it's your decision whether or not you want to play them anyways.
Personally I would still prefer to have everything available at release.

And that's also especially true if in games like Star Trader something as fundamental as the map generation is upgraded months after release.

But I am also not playing any early access games even if people are saying that "it's fine already". I still wait for release until it's actually finished. Being it Rimworld back then, or Factorio now (well, September).

Back
Top Bottom