Drakensang:RoT Ergo's AddonPack

You can cast priest spells even with metal armor on, but not magician spells. So you should first check if you equipped your spellcaster with metal armor (shields do count). If so, remove it and you should be fine.

deleted post.

Help, I can't install it

I was having the same problem with the NA version I bought from Amazon. What seems to have worked for me was to move the .bat file and the add on folder ('Ergo's_AddOnPack') to the game's root directory ('Drakensang River of Time') and run the .bat file there (as an administrator). Of course the .bat will still complain that it can't find the registry locations that it is looking for, but it will still install the add on since it can find the necessary folders in it's current location.

As far as I can tell it seems to have worked. I see all the new traits/advantages/disadvantages/etc. in the expert mode of the character creation screen and when I go to 'Options' it shows 'High' instead of 'Up'. Also, I noticed that the bat created the .bak backup files that it was supposed to in the export folder.

The only item that I believe did not get updated was the application icon; I still have the grey Drakensang Eye. I'm guessing this is a result of the .bat not finding the registries it needed. Still, I can live without the icon as long I get the rest of the add on's goodies.

Soooo….hopefully this'll help anyone who downloaded a purchased copy of the game.

Firebringer

I just can't make this work in Windows 7 64-bit with the NA download from Impulse, which is the same path as above, except Drakensang 2, instead of Drakensang ROT. i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Indie Games\Drakensang 2

Using regedit, I couldn't find a Registry Entry under HKLM Software except in the
WOW6432Node section, and as was mentioned, the path is entirely different -- there's no DTP -- it's a couple levels down, under Stardock

The fact that I know absolutely nothing about .bat files or .sql files could have something to do with my not being able to make it work. I tried every variation I could think of to edit the .bat file (and since I didn't know what I was doing, there were quite a few -- with or without the quote marks, with or without the last backslash, with % marks where there were spaces, in front of any or all occurrences of set pfad, running from various places within the directory structure). One of these versions did result in backups being made of the db files, but the originals were not overwritten, although I was running as administrator, and I kept getting the message that they couldn't be found :-/ . Any chance you could modify the .bat file, or give me VERY explicit instructions on how I modify it? Imagine that I'm your grandmother and I don't know how to run anything more complicated than a toaster (and you won't be far wrong).

Hi all,

I got this working a few years ago, and granted, this is a few years later still, but I wanted to play some Drakensang and the addon pack is awesome - even if just for the walking speed boost alone.

Since I'm in NA, I took it upon myself to fix the batch file - again. So for all Impulse Drakensang 2 (yes, River of Time, but it installs to Program Files (x86)\Indie Games\Drakensang 2) owners in North America - download this file, rename the extension from .txt to .bat. then overwrite the batch file from the extracted zip. Everything should install without a hitch.

It does NOT check your registry - that's been removed. It won't ask for your file locations - removed. It will assume you have the full version and it will also assume you've installed it to the default directory, as shown above.

Enjoy.

http://positivebias.com/install_ergopack.txt

Things to note: You'll know if it is installed correctly if, in the Graphics Options, your selections are named 'High' rather than 'Up'. Your icon may not change to the new one immediately due to Windows icon caching.

Thanks, oliverh72. It's good timing for me because I plan on playing Drakensang in the very near future.

Are there any such mods for the first game?

Remember that TRoT is a prequel. You should play it first. Then go back to the first game if you want more. If one of the manuals is missing you can use the one for the other game.

Download links are Dead!

All the download links are dead! If there are still some people around with the fixpack, could you add a new download link?

The fixpack makes the game so much better, that replaying it without it is not all that appealing. Thanks in advance.

In my post on previous page is the link.

Oops you're right. Seems he didn't put TroT fixpack there, so, what to do now, megaupload is dead, hotfile is dead…

Hell all those illegal stuff sharers are down?! When did this happen?

Except one. :evilgrin:
Well… This one is not widely known, that's probably the reason it's still alive.
So here it is temporarily till someone puts it on a proper site, I've set the lifespan on max (30 days):
http://rghost.net/51018099

Sorry to drag this up, but I installed the mod and it is apparently correct as the settings real "low, medium, high" instead of "up". I have the retail NA version from a CD, it says 1.2A1 in lower right corner. The thing is, I don't see that the movement speed has changed at all. Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited:
Just fyi, Ergo's Addon has been giving me problems with TRoT+PS v 1.2A1 Steam version.

Everything installed fine, the Up/High text and renamed Talents are present, but neither the new Backgrounds nor Traits are. Run speed is unchanged, confirmed with DraSa2Editor. Haven't tested whether all the bugfixes etc work or not.

However, TRoT v 1.1 works just fine with this, so there's that.

Incidentally, thanks downloadman for uploading on moddb the same day I decided to replay this underappreciated gem.

Incidentally, thanks downloadman for uploading on moddb the same day I decided to replay this underappreciated gem.

Incidentally, thanks downloadman for uploading on moddb the same day I decided to FINISH this underappreciated gem. :mad:

Seriously though, thanks for keeping this mod alive. Now I'll have some motivation to replay this in the future using the AddonPack.

Just fyi, Ergo's Addon has been giving me problems with TRoT+PS v 1.2A1 Steam version.

Everything installed fine, the Up/High text and renamed Talents are present, but neither the new Backgrounds nor Traits are. Run speed is unchanged, confirmed with DraSa2Editor. Haven't tested whether all the bugfixes etc work or not.

However, TRoT v 1.1 works just fine with this, so there's that.

Is that 1.2a1 version specific to Steam? When I do a search for patches for TRoT, I only see 1.1

I've begun playing both games again - I need to find those German-lkanguage Mods again.

Also I have bought the English-language Drakensang version via Ebay, but it hasn't been sent to me yet. I always wanted to know how everything is translated there.

Back
Top Bottom