Phoenix Point - AMA with Julian Gollop

It will be interesting to see if they gain traction. I know they’re alienating a subset of consumers but I don’t think many mainstream consumers care about where they get thier games. It doesn’t seem the younger crowd has any problems installing how ever many clients they need to either.

The main complaint I’ve heard from my son and his friends is they don’t like to play games on epic because thier client is pretty much featureless compared to others.

The main complaint I’ve heard from my son and his friends is they don’t like to play games on epic because thier client is pretty much featureless compared to others.

That's what I don't get. With all of the Fortnite wealth at their disposal, why do they offer those freebies and exclusive titles while the EGS has a terrible UI and no features? They risk losing most of their users right after they acquired them.

That's what I don't get. With all of the Fortnite wealth at their disposal, why do they offer those freebies and exclusive titles while the EGS has a terrible UI and no features? They risk losing most of their users right after they acquired them.

I doubt it. They might lose some of the minority that actually cares about those extra features to that great a degree, but most people are there for the games not achievements.

The Epic Store is still fairly new though. Like Steam, they'll add more features over time.

Back
Top Bottom