Divinity 2 DKS - First Impressions

This is one of those few games that have me entertained enough to sit down and do a write up when I'm done. I'm in Keara's fortress at the moment. I'm Level 34 and I figure I must almost be done since most people finish the game at L34 or L35 (before FOV starts that is).

Myself I was level 27 when I felt spoiled by the bad management of difficulty of the original D2:ED in this part of the game, too many quests to do where monsters couldn't hit me. So I restarted all with DKS this time and I only finished the part before you met the dragon knight girl, about 10 hours of slow playing, and I have been stunned how fun it was despite it was a quite immediate replay. This time I'll stick to sword fighting and for now no summon.

Just met the girl last night. I am level 8 so far. Slow progress since I have had the game since December but real life and other games get in the way. So loved the whole new plot twist. I am very impressed so far with the game ... course keep in mind I am only level 8. Once I get deeper in will write some.

I am struggling a bit with my stats as they all seem very useful and having a hard time knowing if I should focus on just a couple or spread them out.

My favorite moves so far is the charge ability, which I love, and the jump and slam with the weapon. I am going more melee this time though so haven't really picked up spells. My character won't summon or use a creature so I am sure that will make the game harder but goes against the role I have for him.

I like a lot the charge in Torchlight but it is also more interesting because it doesn't require to have acquire a target so you can use it for many purposes, charge a pack, charge to stop a casting, charge to enter in fight even if the charge won't hurt because of range, charge to escape a hot situation.

In D2:ED I had problem using charge not sure why and didn't insist much. But this play I'll try more. For now I'm using a lot jump attack which is very cool tactically and few time Whirlwind. But I'll get and try more Charge too that is sure.

I got surprised by how more fun this part is with pure sword fighting, not using summon or the undead make fights much more clear tactically and it made me discover the interesting schema that had some opponents, for example I found quite fun how the bandits archers are fighting, never noticed it in my first play. Also it makes me noticed better some tuned setup of fights, for example how some fights will tend to attract few more opponent ambushed.

The only point is it seems a bit too easy, I'm playing at normal difficulty, but that's another good point of DKS you can change the difficulty. For now I stick to this difficulty level because too hard isn't my stuff. But there's two higher difficulty level Hard and Nightmare so I have some margin if I want something harder.

I finished the game today. What an awesome RPG this is. I am sad it's finished. I will post an impressions thread on this game soon. If you haven't picked up this title, I highly recomend it.

I finished tonight, TMG. I'm kinda bummed too. I'm probably going to try and jump back into Drakensang and then pick up its expansion. It'll be hard to top the fun I had with DKS though. I really enjoyed my flippin' mage.

I finished tonight, TMG. I'm kinda bummed too. I'm probably going to try and jump back into Drakensang and then pick up its expansion. It'll be hard to top the fun I had with DKS though. I really enjoyed my flippin' mage.

I played a melee character. I actually didn't think fighting melee was all that bad. I will replay this game as a mage someday, this game is very much worth a 2nd playthrough.

Back
Top Bottom