What games are you playing now?

Scourge and AoD.

I was playing it, but the game is way too hardcore. Had to give it a rest for a while. Will pick it up next week.

Gothic 3 1.73 CP no mods loveing it other than that whole WTF it burns kinda thing that the game gives ^_^

I don't know what to play next.
I'm torn between Dragon Age and King's Bounty,I have played both but I haven't finished any of them.
I bought KB last year when most of us here were playing but abandoned my save because I couldn't defeat anyone in the land of the Pirates.
I've played Dragon Age up to Ostragar and loved that part.
So I don't really know which to install :S
I'd prefer the shortest of the 2.

Edit: Pardon my English

So I don't really know which to install :S
I'd prefer the shortest of the 2.

I'd say DA is probably a bit longer, especially if you're the type that likes to complete all the side quests. Considering how different those 2 games are from each other, it really just boils down to what type of game you're in the mood to play right now.

I say I am about 1/3 through FF6 now but I have had to put it down for some schoolwork.

I'd say DA is probably a bit longer, especially if you're the type that likes to complete all the side quests. Considering how different those 2 games are from each other, it really just boils down to what type of game you're in the mood to play right now.
I'll install KB since I'm not in the mood for the "seriousness" of DA.That fact that KB is shorter is also a plus as I don't have the courage to play a huge game.Thanks for the tip.

Drakensang 2, of course ! :)

I put away FF6 until next weekend since I have too much schoolwork for a such heavy game, but I actually begun to play Ishar I in winuae. It's the AGA version so it looks like the PC version, but UAE gives me savestates and the ability to remap the keyboard. I control the game with NUMPAD 4-9, with 7&9 as "turn". I use Z-B to attack with my five characters and A-G is "action".

Considering just how extremely hardcore this game is, having savestates is a great ease, still I have been forced to replay a lot for doing wrong early on. Here's some nuisances;
1. When new it's extremely easy to die, and death means loss of character, no resurrect here, at least not in the beginning of the game.
2. You need to constantly eat, as soon as your foodbar drops to half you begin to miss often. Every strike you make will consume your foodbar and bosses are more than likely to force you to eat all food you carry just to keep up. Eating and sleeping in an inn (only way I found to recover magic points) is VERY expensive, even if you walk all the way back to the first city to save money.
3. You pay up 1000 gold just to save in-game, three thieves in the first city gives you about 100 gold, so you have something to compare with.
4. There are two levers in the first dungeon, pull both and you will eventually find that you locked yourself in. Permanently! Meaning you have to restart the game or load an earlier save.
5. There are items you only have 1 shot to get. Miss the opportunity and you have replay from scratch.

The good news it that the gameworld is so small.

I'm taking a break from thought-provoking rpgs and brainmelting strategy games and playing a casual knockoff of Puzzle Quest from Popcap/SquareEnix called Gyromancer. It's basically the Beghouled Twist mechanic from Plants v Zombies(which is actually a Bejeweled Twist mechanic) in a Puzzle Quest-like format. So I'm playing a knockoff of a ripoff?

Anyway, it's a pretty fun puzzle game, but buggy. If you liked either of the two games mentioned, you'll probably find this one acceptable for $15. Lots of CTDs—but usually when it decides to crash, I take it as an omen to get back to real life, so it's not all bad.

Well I've dved deep into King's Bounty.

It's truly fantastic. Had to figure out that I need to keep my troops maxed at all times, even for a mage character. Duh....

Might and Magic 6 is one of my personal favorites, and usually gets a replay from me every twenty-four months or so. I've never tried it with any mods, however. I'll have to check it out.

I'm still playing Gyromancer and enjoying it quite a bit more than than Galactrix--it's fairly difficult at times, and occasionally even impossible, but engrossing for the puzzle type genre. Here's a review of it for those who might be interested in some mindless casual diversion:
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/gyroma...2009121010384090457154/g-20090924144247802080

Back
Top Bottom