The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

OK boys and girls, let's talk some planning.

Mains
-finish Harbinger2
-run Reavers by special request
-run High Road
-run IQ2 (Dreaming Dark) by special request

At that point, everyone should be into epics. I believe our intent is to keep that group in play all the way to lvl30 although we might mix in some alts even when we have full attendance so the Old Man doesn't melt down. As y'all know, I don't have much experience with the epic content so I'll definitely be looking for requests once we get to that spot.

Alts
This group is starting to fragment, which is as intended, so it's all good. I'd like to get everyone capped. That will take me a bit (Bot has 612k XP to go). Not sure about everyone else in the group. I'm going to stop paying attention to content level and just let us run some different stuff. There should be enough stuff available in the 18-20 range to allow us to do that without overlapping the mains. Soooo
-IQ1 (Jeets)
-Shavarath (should be nice for monster manual)
-Cannith quests, maybe adding the raids if we feel froggy

At that point, the alts will be released and we'll start a new group down at the bottom. Low level mindless stuff should work as a nice offset to epic junk, so I'm hoping that works. That means everyone needs to start positioning a toon for a TR. The alts seem to be getting the most exercise recently so I wouldn't be surprised if we're back to low levels around New Years (holidays will slow us down some). You've got over a month to do whatever to prepare. No excuses, peoples! Start thinking about classes, too. We'll want to make sure we've got the basics covered, particularly given that this will continue to be an alt group. I assume everyone will solo to lvl3/4 by doing Korthos and all the lvl2 content (at least) prior to the group actually forming.

I don't know which toon I'll link to the next round. Probably will depend on what everyone else brings. My current toon possibilities:
Bot (current alt) is probably going to come around as a pally.
Phuury might be ready to bring around by then but I doubt it. He's slated for a cleric life.
Shadohe is nearly lvl5 as a swash bard. Possible I could let her sit.
RhoGu is ready to ETR and then TR. He's slated for a barbarian life.
Klubbir will continue to be ignored.

We should probably call out if we'll be available tomorrow evening/morning (depending on where you are), so the man with the plan can figure something out beforehand. I've no commitments, so I plan on being in-game tomorrow evening.

I intend to be there, we don't eat turkey at this time of the year!! :)

I'll be there too. We don't have holidays like Thanksgiving.

Some greedy merchants decided in 2015 to introduce Black Friday in Norway too. So it's that day here for us today. However, it doesn't affect me much. I won't be purchasing a lot of stuff I don't need. :lol:

When it comes to a new toon I might want to TR one of my paladins into a hybrid Fighter 12 / Paladin 6 / monk 2 maul build. It's a PDK so I will play the 15 first Levels without really getting any XP. Just as I did With the bladeforged FVS.

I'm using the maul build on my warlock (going for completionist) and it's working very well. All the items I need are BTA so I can transfer from my warlock when he's done With the fighter and Paladin lives.

The build is great on DPS. With evasion it doesn't behave like the normal Paladin builds I have. Now I can enter the traps With no fear. :p Lack of healing is the main disadvantage, but that is what hirelings are for. He's not helpless since he has some lay on hands and Cure light wounds.

Last edited:
I am in. See you there

The game appears to be down, & the forums are down for "scheduled maintenance". It's not just the DDO forums, it's looks as if it's the entire Standing Stone Games site. Don't know if it was posted on the forums or not, as I haven't been following them recently.

Edit:

Forums are back up, and they apparently announced the shutdown yesterday. It's scheduled to last till 3pm today.

Last edited:
Lines of Supply quest is closed

Lines of Supply is closed. Nothing on when it will be back up, and you can't complete the chain without it. Quote from forums today:

Jerry said on today's livestream that the quest was closed because of cheaters cheating in some cheating manner.

Game worlds are up again.

Corwin don't forget to log in early for some crafting

Sorry, got tied up with other things. Hopefully next week. :)

Okay, with half the next alternates picked out, I've decided to go ahead into the wild wonderful world of wizardry. Since we tend to run Reaper a lot, PM self-healing is practically nullified there. So I'm going Deep Gnome Arch Mage with a focus on Illusion and secondary on Enchantments. This should provide some fair CC abilities and instant-kills. I should have points to bring in a skeletal knight in case we need a spare level puller as well, or just something to annoy mobs for a moment until we can regroup.

Peter: Fighter/Paladin/Monk melee build of indeterminate origins.
CM: Rogue/Artificer/Fighter machine gun build
Me: Deep Gnome AM Illusion/Enchantment build
Corwin: Soulstone
Dte: Unknown
JM: Unknown/MIA
The Savage Dragon: Unknown
Stripach: Unknown if running

That leaves us without a steady source of healing, but otherwise we're looking almost like a balanced group, with 3 of 4 main positions filled.

Since I'm a Deep Gnome this life, I'll be at the wall until we're almost to heroic cap, and can start at whatever level we're forming the group at. Are we doing Korthos as a group or just ignoring it like usual? I haven't TRed yet, but I've just got to go turn in the heart and remake the character. I just need to know what level I need to stop at when I do the TR.

I'm thinking of doing a warlock or a rogue, but haven't made a decision yet.

On a different note, we need to get Corwin 1 PDK Commendation on Friday. So maybe a quick quest (I think they drop in Impossible Demands) or a High Road or King's Forrest rare run?

Edit: Never mind on the PDK comm. Peter & I ran him out today & took care of it.

Last edited:
Major update today, game is down

Major update today … Ravenloft is being released. Game is down till approx. 3pm US eastern time. Size of update is TBD, but it will probably be large, so allow time before Friday for the download.

Game is back up. Took about 10 minutes to update on my FIOS line.

Back
Top Bottom