INSOMNIA: The Ark - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Dieselpunk RPG INSOMNIA: The Ark has been released today:

INSOMNIA: The Ark

INSOMNIA is a complex story-driven RPG that takes place on a colossal space metropolis brimming with the secrets of a long-gone civilization. Develop your character, explore lovingly handcrafted locations, interact with peculiar NPCs and factions, craft equipment and try to stay alive.

You awaken on Object 6 - a retro-futuristic space station set on a 400-year journey in search of a new home. Stricken with a rare psychological disease, you have to uncover macabre secrets and the truth behind humanity’s journey to the ghost-like Evacuation Point.

Exploration is rewarding…and dangerous

Search for valuable technology and resources in the confines of Object 6. Pay attention - INSOMNIA’s nuanced world can conceal unexpected quests from treacherous characters, as well as savage enemies and deadly hazards. Hunger, thirst, fatigue and hostile environments will be your main companions throughout this journey.

Strategic real-time combat

INSOMNIA features both close and ranged combat, as well as destroyable covers. Choose your gear wisely - every armor and weapon type in the game has its own tactical virtues and shortcomings.

Personalized journey

Break free from character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible perk system combined with a huge amount of craftable items and equipment for an experience unique to every player.

Your choices matter

INSOMNIA offers an intricate, non-linear storyline with ‘points of no return’. Navigate a system of thorny relations with characters and factions and make tough decisions that affect the game world. Each major problem can be solved using a variety of different (and sometimes unexpected) solutions.

A rich universe

Experience the game’s rich lore through retro-futuristic noir visuals with elements of dieselpunk. Witness man-made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark noir jazz soundtrack and echoes of a decaying civilization.
More information.

This is being majorly down voted. It looks like the game is horribly translated and unplayable if you don't speak Russian. It looks like it could be really good eventually though, if they keep patching it post release.

This looks really interesting, but what has happened to the Steam Reviews? They're all gone!

It's not just this game either, the Pathfinder reviews have disappeared as well. I hope it's just a problem with Steam, cause stuff like this makes me very suspicious.

Anyway, I'll wait till I can read some reviews before I decide to play this game.

User reviews seem down everywhere, so not just for these.

I picked it up cause I felt the setting looked like the bee's knees. It has it's issues but it hasn't been unplayable yet, but I'm still in the Prologue.

Yeah reviews just seem to be down for now.. checked several games and same thing.

even Fallout 4 reviews not showing.. nothing going on from a dev point of view.

I picked this up..

My guess is the developer deleted them because they were so negative.

This looks really interesting, but what has happened to the Steam Reviews? They're all gone!

It's not just this game either, the Pathfinder reviews have disappeared as well. I hope it's just a problem with Steam, cause stuff like this makes me very suspicious.

Anyway, I'll wait till I can read some reviews before I decide to play this game.

I seem to recall something about developer's being able to request that Steam remove a specific review if they feel it is extremely unfair (e.g., very low playtime). I think there was some controversy about Doublebear getting a negative Dead State review taken down in this way because they felt the reviewer had some personal grudge against them or something like that.

But yes, developer's obviously don't have the ability to have negative reviews deleted in general.

Anyway, I have my Insomnia key so perhaps I will give this a try over the next couple of days.

This is being majorly down voted. It looks like the game is horribly translated and unplayable if you don't speak Russian. It looks like it could be really good eventually though, if they keep patching it post release.

I don't speak Russsian and I haven't had an issue so far although only a few hours in so maybe its later on. Haven't had any big issues although wish you could map your own key commands which I am not as happy about.

I don't speak Russsian and I haven't had an issue so far although only a few hours in so maybe its later on. Haven't had any big issues although wish you could map your own key commands which I am not as happy about.

Ugh, not being able to re-map keys is a huge negative.

Its funny cause in some of the ss from the steam page, the camera is pointed upwards but in game you cant look up lol.

I got it installed but haven't had a chance to play it yet. The Steam reviews were mixed when I browsed them yesterday, but one thing I noticed was that most of the negative reviews had very little in-game time, like in the 0.5 hour range, which tends to make me disregard them.

First patch is out and I read the notes. They seem sincere about fixing up the game. 8 years in the making by a small team. The game itself is beautiful with tons of touches to bring it to life. With some patches I think it could be excellent. I think people are being a bit harsh myself and hopefully getting it patched up will help. It is one of those rough gems, like ELEX, that just needs a little time and polish.

The more I learn about this game, the more intrigued I become. So I'll probably pick it up after a few patches. BUT only if I can map forward movement to to one of the mouse buttons (I have a hand injury that makes it all but impossible for me to use WASD or the arrow keys).

Back
Top Bottom