Cyberpunk 2077 - Review @ COG

I am 20 hours in now, have done tons of side-quests and only early on in the main-quest. I have come across very few bugs and glitches, just the odd wobbly leg on a rag-doll corpse and the very occasional disappearing unimportant npc. Performance has been great on my PC. I am enjoying and having fun, I know it is a victim of its own hype but I am very happy with the game. The console versions were simply released too early and needed another 4-6 months in development.

Patch 1.05 fixed a lot of bugs for me.
Before i was always keeping backup saves in case a side quest gets bugged and i have to reload to a point just before the said quest. However i enjoy the game this is the first time i have to do it this strongly. I played Witcher 3 day one and i dont remember its quest getting glitched so easily. The problem here is the in game phone, it gets stuck easily. Conversations arent starting or ending and the phone gets glitched. This is my biggest issue and i hope i gets patched. I dont even mind the brain-dead AI of 2000 era since overall the game is very interesting.

Ya know, it may have some bugs (including items you can't pick up because they clip into the ground, a true classic! Every good game has that bug. Like Elex.)

But at least CP77 didn't force-restart my PC when I started it. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, AC: VALHALLA!

The whole situation is sad. I feel especially bad to the ones behind the scenes who made the game (writes, artists, programmers, etc.) who put so much effort into it.

It is one of the best games I have ever played as far as emotional impact, immersion, story, depth, characters … I feel extremely attached to V and all the amazing and unique characters in the game. I love all the little details. I find myself easily getting lost in the world.

I have my complaints and "I wish they had done this instead" but overall it is a wonderful experience and joy to sink into.

EDIT: This cute song reminds me of V and Johnny.

Last edited:
I have my complaints and "I wish they had done this instead" but overall it is a wonderful experience and joy to sink into.

It is sad, and I've tried to make sure the backlash hasn't affected my own enjoyment of the game. I had to stay off the Reddit, for one thing. Hopefully it doesn't sound weird, but your own enthusiasm for the game after being fairly lukewarm on it before launch (because of the 1st person view, etc) has been a real positive for me to counterbalance a bit of the negativity surrounding the launch.

It is sad, and I've tried to make sure the backlash hasn't affected my own enjoyment of the game. I had to stay off the Reddit, for one thing. Hopefully it doesn't sound weird, but your own enthusiasm for the game after being fairly lukewarm on it before launch (because of the 1st person view, etc) has been a real positive for me to counterbalance a bit of the negativity surrounding the launch.

Yea it took me by complete surprise really. It wasn't at all what I expected. I am an emotional person and so this really resonated with me. Not the mechanics or side stuff - but the atmosphere, the whole story (main and side), the characters. Totally sucked me in and made me care.

Also ... mind blown .. as I just finished. Best ending in a game I have ever played. Lots of emotions and tears. Completely overwhelmed right now ... heh. I am such an emotional mess. But loved it. They just handled the ending I had so fantastic. Especially compared to so many crappy endings I have experienced in some games. It was the perfect ending but obviously can't go into all the details why.

Simply an amazing experience ... will leave it at that :)

@wolfgrimdark

Don't be sad cause if all the backlash doesn't get the DLC and expansions cancelled I'm sure the endings for V aren't over yet. Just like Blood and Wine gave Geralt his farewell.

Also no I'm not writing my experience on how I loved this game again. As we have to many threads with my responses already. Go search for them if anyone is interested.

Bottomline I got my best story driven RPG of the year despite it being a mess.

I'll be very surprised if they cancel the DLC and such. This doesn't seem to be a cut your losses situation. With no other major releases on the horizon, I would think that would batter their stock price even further. Seems far more important that they redeem their reputation and rebuild confidence. My guess is they will double down on polishing and fleshing it out, and turn it into a better game that I will enjoy next Christmas!

Last edited:
I hardly think they are going to cancel DLCs. They sold 13 million copies including refunds by 20th December. That's a lot of eddies :D Plus I'm sure they already have some people working on expansions.

PR backlash has a long lasting effect go ask BioWare. The haters/journalists got all Dlc cancelled for Mass Effect Andromeda. I still have a problem with gamer's who caused it.

Sale wise yes CP 20777 sold well, but stock damage, tarnished brand loyalty, refunds, and lets not forget stock lawsuits will put a damper on something in the long run.

We should expect resignations and other policy's to fix the mismanagement as well. Hopefully the workers don't take the heat. It was the top leaders who screwed up.

I'm reminded of the old Greek tale of Icarus.
Icarus ignored his father's instructions not to fly too close to the sun; when the wax in his wings melted he tumbled out of the sky and fell into the sea where he drowned, sparking the idiom "don't fly too close to the sun". This tragic theme of failure at the hands of hubris contains similarities to that of Phaethon.
CDPR aimed to high and hubris is the outcome once again.

Last edited:
PR backlash has a long lasting effect go ask BioWare. The haters/journalists got all Dlc cancelled for Mass Effect Andromeda. I still have a problem with gamer's who caused it.

Sale wise yes CP 20777 sold well, but stock damage, tarnished brand loyalty, refunds, and lets not forget stock lawsuits will put a damper on something in the long run.

I think EA is a very different animal to CDPR, though. They have a large slate of franchises and major releases lined up. When something underperforms their expectations, like ME:A or Dead Space, they have the option to turn their noses up and move on. I don't see that CDPR has that option. If they were to draw a line under Cyberpunk, they'd have nothing really until Witcher 4 comes along. I think that would leave them in a very grim situation. I reckon Cyberpunk is popular enough that they can do a No Man's Sky job, get it to where it needs to be, and live off it for a while.

You never know, though, and now they've entered the weird realm of being publicly traded, it's always possible that things fall apart.

Personally having paid full price for the game on steam i will feel cheated if the game doesn't get the attention and care it deserves (atm i don't feel cheated,yet). I hope it does get the attention because i feel this game is a diamond in the rough.

Back
Top Bottom