Jade Empire replay - mod recommendations

P

purpleblob

Lately I've been craving for older Bioware games.. and now I'm thinking of giving JE another go.

I did finish it once and found it average. Any ideas for mod to enhance the experience?

It doesn't have much mods, just a few retextures/recolors and new styles/play as NPC stuff available on the Nexus.

I played it not too long ago, and it actually worked perfectly fine. It's the edition found on GOG.com. It's still a fun game in a lovely setting. I would love to see a bigger game with a stronger emphasis on exploring the setting.

Any tips on combat? Gosh, it's more clunky than I remember. Playing it on student level is too boring but master is too hard lol

Any tips on combat? Gosh, it's more clunky than I remember. Playing it on student level is too boring but master is too hard lol

Start with Leaping Tiger, it's the easiest of the martial style to use. I think it only get out damaged by White Demon too, but that one require proper timing to use.

I never bother with transformation, support or magic styles outside Spirit Thief to gain chi back. Remember that you can heal using your chi and slowmo everything with focus. Also, there is a combo system between the styles that I never bothered to learn that create health/chi/focus orbs.

For weapons: double swords…but until you can get the first set, go with staff, you can at least manage groups with it until you get double swords to mow things own.

Keep in mind that ghosts receive more damage from magic styles and constructs more from weapon styles and that some companions have both a combat and support mode (ex: Dawnstar support replenish your chi, which means you can heal more in combat when she's in support mode than when she's pretending to hit people with her sword)

I found companions much more useful in support mode. A companion that regenerates your health or chi I found brought me through tougher fights better than when they actually fought.

Back
Top Bottom