Neverwinter - Nvidia Tech Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Nvidia has a new advertisement video showing how TXAA Anti-Aliasing works in the F2P MMO Neverwinter. Feel free to skip though as I know many of you hate MMO's.

Jagged edges and temporal aliasing in Cryptic Studios' Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter are now a thing of the past thanks to NVIDIA's advanced, GeForce GTX-exclusive TXAA Anti-Aliasing technique.
More information.

Last edited:
With the crappy compression of the youtube video, I'm not sure I see any improvements with the feature enabled.

Feel free to skip though as I know many of you hate MMO's
It's not about MMOs, it's about pay2win PWE/Cryptic business with "get a freebie" spam-o-rama e-mail newsletter.
What to say, it looks good, it's looks interesting, it looks worth trying, but in it's core, we're talking about yet another milking fraud. And it's so obvious that if you really want to get conned, I suggest buying thousands of phonegames crap instead.

Sounds interesting. I wonder if this will get rid of moiré patterns? I still see them in Skyrim.

Yes, what's up with those? It's terrible, almost game breaking bad, wasnt there before.

With the crappy compression of the youtube video, I'm not sure I see any improvements with the feature enabled.
I couldn't see it until I cranked it up to full screen and 1080p.

The thing about the TXAA I've seen is that it blurs everything, including text. That's not a good thing in an MMO.

It's not about MMOs, it's about pay2win PWE/Cryptic business with "get a freebie" spam-o-rama e-mail newsletter.
What to say, it looks good, it's looks interesting, it looks worth trying, but in it's core, we're talking about yet another milking fraud. And it's so obvious that if you really want to get conned, I suggest buying thousands of phonegames crap instead.

I am playing with friends it doesnt seem that way to me. :/

Doesn't look any better than the normal anti-aliasing to me. The tech page says performance is similar to 4x with quality like 8x. I hadn't messed with any anti-aliasing settings in awhile as the framerate hit was always too high compared to the visual improvement. Went into the control panel and cranked it to max. 32xCSAA in Skyrim looks amazing! I'm cCurious how it will affect the performance of a newer title.

I saw a big difference in the wooden bridge shot, but it was visible in a couple others too. The flickering pattern goes away.

Back
Top Bottom