HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A new campaign has been added to the The Early Access title Wildermyth:

0.29 Eluna and the Moth

Our fourth campaign centers on the Thrixl

We're very excited to announce our fourth main campaign, "Eluna and the Moth." This is the most the intricately crafted experience we've ever delivered, and we're very proud of it. This story focuses on the Thrixl, and it mixes up the usual Wildermyth formula in some big ways.

To fit with the story, the first chapter takes a more directed approach with less overland management. Many of the battles and events throughout the campaign happen at less expected points. The campaign happens over a smaller span of time, allowing your starting heroes to make it all the way to the end. Because of that, we were able to integrate them into the story from start to finish - if they survive, that is.

Also in this patch are several new victory events, a few new faces, and the regular raft of bug fixes and tweaks.

We aim to ship a patch every two to three weeks, and our roadmap is here.

[...]
More information.

Curious if anyone on the Watch has dived into the EA for this? Steam reviews/feedback is stellar and yet, everytime I look at this, I wonder if it is just yet another so-so, dynamically randomized roguelike (which personally, I've had my fill of).

I have it....haven't played a lot of it but it is really neat in what it does.

You play tactical battles and have story arcs that happen that change the characters you are playing in interesting ways, like a gem replacing an eye or wings. I need to get back this again, just put it down to wait for it to be more done, but definitely interesting.

I haven't spent a ton of time with the game, but it's really lovely and the Early Access experience is solid. I've highly recommended it to more than one friend.

Back
Top Bottom