JA: Back in Action - Mega-Patch 1.13 Released!

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
BitComposer have released the massive patch 1.13 for Jagged Alliance: Back in action. As far as I can see it includes everything mentioned in the temporary patch two weeks ago. Highlights are fog of war, sector inventory and more options for the militia. The final log can be found in the official forums.
Here's a video introducing the new patch:

More information.

At least they are really doing post launching support.
I too would like to hear how good is it know.

They are slowly adding what belongs in a JA game. When they get around to putting the TB combat back in I'll be interested.

"They are slowly adding what belongs in a JA game. When they get around to putting the TB combat back in I'll be interested. "

Yeah, the lack of TB really keeps pushing this away. I mean, really?

Well, the second they replace the current system by TB combat I'll stop playing it. ;)

Now what?

TB is not on the table, guys.

"Well, the second they replace the current system by TB combat I'll stop playing it.

Now what?

TB is not on the table, guys. "

I understand. At the end of the day, I find it more confusing than anything else. In any case, I might buy it for super cheap, but it's definitely not on my "to get" list.

yeah, not interested myself either. dont fix what isnt broke guys, really.

I was sceptic, but the game is rather good actually.
Starting to be as good as the original.

Well, the second they replace the current system by TB combat I'll stop playing it. ;)

Now what?

TB is not on the table, guys.

I don't get this mindset. I would understand if Diablo 3 was TB why all the fans of D1 and D2 would be angry. And I would support them because D3 is an action game and shouldn't be TB.

I didn't and won't buy this because there is no reason why it couldn't have or shouldn't have been TB. RTwP should not have been on the table. But since it is the system they chose, my money stays in my wallet.

I haven't bought the game yet maybe I should wait for the next five patches that are bound to still fix the game.

So be honest everyone is it fixed yet?

For me the matter is always, if it's a good game or not.
Of course not having the TB system it makes me more skeptic, but if players keep telling that it's worthwhile (like it seems to be in this case) than I'm interested.
At least we haven't a new Syndicate in this case.

For me the matter is always, if it's a good game or not.
Of course not having the TB system it makes me more skeptic, but if players keep telling that it's worthwhile (like it seems to be in this case) than I'm interested.
At least we haven't a new Syndicate in this case.

Exactly my view. At least we didn't get a crap console FPS...

I think it was a fun game with problems to begin with. The patches have made it better and addressed a lot of bugs and requests from the community, but the RTwP isn't going to change. For me it's no different than SSI vs. Bioware D&D games. I liked the turn based games, but I didn't mind RTwP in Baldur's Gate because it was a good game.

In this case, I definitely recommend trying the demo. BIA is a love it or hate it game, apparently.

They are slowly geting the game to a point that its worth playing, the fog of war / line of sight is just an essencial part of any game like this.

Other little details just add up of course, but the line of sight issue was gigantic in my book, being able to always tell where the enemies were was making the game boring, now it makes the game actualy exciting and creates the tension that is required in this kind of game!

I still think the game needs a little polishing here and there and just seems it was rushed before it was polished in some aspects, but each patch that comes out its realy clear the game is starting to shape up rather nicely.

Its a good game to buy for 25-30 at this moment.

Waw, they're really putting in a lot of effort. I searched around a bit but couldn't immediately get an answer: anyone know if this requires steam to run? (I know you can buy it of steam, just wanted to know if it's required to install it.)

Yes, Steam is required.

The good news is that it's PC-exclusive. So no consolitis.

Back
Top Bottom