Risen 3: Titan Lords - Preview @ Angry Gamer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A gaming blog by the name of One Angry Gamer has posted a new English preview for Risen 3. So maybe we have more incoming soon, and it's about time I say.

To keep some of the game’s appeal mixed up and diverse, Piranha Bytes has various mini-games and treasures sprinkled throughout the game. So exploration is most definitely encouraged, even though the game mechanics are somewhat limited in how the exploration takes place (there is no parkour like in Assassin’s Creed, so it sometimes requires a bit of creativity to get around).

As for the mini-games, players will be to partake in various activities outside of the standard main and side-quests. For instance, there is an archery mini-game available where players attempt to get their arrow as close to the bulls-eye as possible. Also, there are other interactive-world activities such as being able to lock-pick doors and treasure chests in order to access areas that aren’t easily reachable.

There’s really no telling how well players will take to a game like this. The limited customization will instantly keep certain gamers from wanting to give the game a chance. However, the hard-as-nails combat and free-form character scaling – as far as attributes, stats and abilities go – could give gamers looking for a serious challenge a bit of something to tide them over until Wasteland 2 comes out of Early Access, or Project Eternity drops for public consumption.
More information.

Now that was a preview. In that it looks like he got an hour or so to play the game and then write it up.

I want to know about the QTEs in the game. Will they be a part of the "mixed up and diverse" game's appeal as critical to the story or simply as a diversion.

I doubt this joker has ever played a Risen game, much less any Gothic title. This preview is as worthless as tits on a bull.

I doubt this joker has ever played a Risen game, much less any Gothic title. This preview is as worthless as tits on a bull.
Obviously you haven't noticed the lack of anything in English for this game. Marketing overseas is terrible, and I will take what I can find.

I'm still surprised Deep Silver is doing nothing about it.
Okay, they take Germany as a #1 market, but hell, do some marketing outside. Make people talk about the game!
Not only that, if you check the official board, italian part there is very active - yet just as they ignore english language, they also ignore italian. What are they thinking?

Platige Image trailer was good, but is not enough!
The preorder banner on Steam is a good move but is also not enough!

What? There's no parkour like Assassin's Creed? Pass.... :p

Thanks vurt!

I still didn't see inventory system. :(

If someone wants to see some fun, turn on captions, it's hilarious. Risen3 is sometimes prison three, and sometimes reason. :D

I still didn't see inventory system. :(

Unfortunately inventory is part of the same UI you see in 5:34. Items are on the left side (a list) and their desc on the right side.

Anyway nice video. Hopefully the game will be at least on a par with R1.

:(

Modders wanted!

Back
Top Bottom