Original Sin - Bring on the Cows

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Larian Studios have announced in a press release that the Divinity Engine Toolkit, comes with a cow simulator, just as an example of how you can create mods for the game.

Cow Simulator 2014 announced by Larian Studios, comes with Divinity Engine Toolkit

Larian Studios announced today that the editor for Divinity: Original Sin, will be available as part of the Early Access beta on June 26th.

Not only is the Divinity: Original Sin editor the first multiplayer game editor since Neverwinter Nights, it comes with a sample module called Cow Simulator 2014.
Cow Simulator 2014 is perhaps the finest cow simulation ever released. It serves as an example mod for would-be creators and permits users to play as a cow (even in co-op with up to 4 players) and complete a quest or fight in the arena.

The Divinity Engine Toolkit allows players to:

• Make new adventures that you can play in singleplayer or multiplayer
• You can modify the main campaign or create your own
• Manipulate terrain and edit existing models and textures
• Write your own stories and dialogs
• Create behaviors and scripts with easy-to-use scripting language
• Alter existing or add new skills, stats and spells
• 1-click export to Steam Workshop
• Add and manage your mods via Steam Workshop or inside the game
More information.

What weapons could a cow possibly wield? A cow bell of mass destruction?

Holy Cow! I wasn't expecting this ;) It is an udderly ridiculous idea :D

Boy, the game isn't even out yet and they are already milking it ...

You guys are SO corny :lol:

btw there is a post on the larian boards tht the press rlease was in error and premature; though they are doing a twitch stream on thursday to prsent the eidtor.

Updated the newsbit accordingly.

Update 2014-06-24 - 16:05 CET

Apparently the press release mentioned wasn't what they want to send out. Here is Swen's comment on it:
Somehow a draft of the press release got released, and so the wrong information spread. We didn't really plan on releasing on cow simulator but now it looks like we'll have no choice
wink.gif
Stream is on thursday - bring your notepads, it's going to be a real tutorial.
The stream he mentions is on twitch.tv on the 26th of June at 18.00 CET.

I'm just surprised it isn't a sheep simulator.

There already exists a 'Cow Petting Simulator 2014' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJVvYiDYqIQ).

23749_1.jpg

I do hope Larian won't get involved in an endless copyright battle over the name.
Other than that, I think Larian's cow simulator will beat the older title in terms of graphics, animation, story, voice acting, soundtrack and above all: Choices and Consequences.

It's going to be the Battle of the Bovine Sims

That's a sheep stimulator joxer :]

Cowabunga! Excellent news, can hardly wait to get my hands on the editor/toolkit and see what it can do (quite a lot, apparently). Also, less than a week until D:OS is finally released - and there was much rejoicing!

Just keeping my eyes shut while in a fetal position humming softly while waiting for the release date to arrive...

There used to be a bug in a NWN mod which could turn you into a cow. It happened to me the first time I played with our regular online group in NWN several years ago; it was hillarious!!

Back
Top Bottom