Spiderweb Games - Blog Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Jeff has kicked up Part 2 of Indie Games Should Cost More, addressing several common reactions to his first piece and his pricing over the years:
"Your Games Are Too Crude and Old-School To Justify the Price"

Then dude, seriously, don't buy them. (And, if I may ask, why are you playing them?) I have my pride. If you don't think my games are worth it, don't give me money.

But consider this. I write plot-heavy old-school, turn-based RPGs. Almost nobody else does. I provide a quality niche service few others provide. Some people LIKE the crude, old-school thing I got going on. The scarcity of the service I provide justifies the price.
In other Spiderweb news, Geneforge 3 has been updated with Universal binaries for you Mac users.
More information.

His current price is the limit for me. any higher and i certainly won't buy it anymore. that said his products are rare so has long there is no1 filling the hole he has everyright for his current pricing.

His prices are just fine, if he took it even 5 bucks more I still would buy them because I enjoy his games a lot and agree with him 100% He is providing a service to a particular Niche that not many others are. His prices are justified and reasonable imo.

I have my pride

This is the only part of that quote I disagree with. Not personally, but from a business sense. It really shouldn't be about pride, it should be about what price generates the maximum amount of net income from the product.

Now, I'm not saying that he isn't pricing at that sweet spot (though if it were lower I probably would have already taken the plunge rather than keep putting it off), but it would be pretty stupid to refuse to sell your product at $5, where you'd sell 100,000 copies, (and yes I'm just pulling number out of my ass to make a point) and only sell your product at $19.99, and sell only 10,000 copies, simply because of pride.

Back
Top Bottom