How to keep Windows XP taskbar visible in full-screen

Glyphwright

Emanation of Tranquility
Specifically, when reading books in full-screen mode in Foxit Reader. Foxit Reader only has options to display its own toolbars, not the Windows taskbar. And, obviously, right-clicking the taskbar and selecting "always keep on top of other windows" or "lock taskbar" doesn't help either. Is there any round-about way to keep the Windows taskbar visible and working normally in full-screen?

P.S. A magnificent Golden Raspberry will be awarded to whomever decides to start arguing the semantics of the word "full-screen".

@Andhaira : Because the Foxit reader is just faster. And smaller.

I don't know if this helps you, but MS TweakUI has an option under "General" -> "Focus" -> "Prevent Applications From Stealing Focus". You could try that out.

Errr? What kind of full screen is it, then? Is it the kind that takes over your entire screen (like a game) or is it just maximized? If it's the former then the whole point is to get rid of things like the task bar. If it's the latter then something else is going on.

Alrik, I've already had this option selected. Whatever it does, it doesn't help.

And Zloth, I have sent your Golden Raspberry under separate cover by overnight mail. Make good use of it, you deserved it.

Is there any way to keep the taskbar from disappearing when I turn the fullscreen mode in Foxit Reader? I know the fullscreen mode is supposed to hide the taskbar, I'd just like to override this setting somehow. Google Chrome supports this option, so I don't see why Foxit shouldn't.

I guess the function within Foxit Reader is so that it can be used as a kind of presentation program - and an "bar" would be disturbing there, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom