RPGWatch - RPGWatch Indie Showcase

I still have not played Tahira: Echoes of the Ancient Empire, doesn't even look like I've ever even installed it. That's likely a record for how long a game has sat on my to-play list and still has yet to be explored, three years is a bit long even for me.

Ghost of a Tale

It's kinda well known here I guess, as it has lots of news entries and a preview. No review though. Up to you whether this is of interest in this context.

I enjoy this because it is a) well done and b) unique in terms of design and gameplay.

I have no clue whether this is a _classic_ RPG.

Available both on steam (very positive [~1700 reviews])
and gog (4.5 of 5 [for verified owners, no clue if gog gives number of votes somewhere])

I've almost forgotten about Tahira. Wasn't it supposed to be the first game planned out of three. I could be wrong but I thought that was mentioned in the kickstarter.:thinking:

Anyway some more picks.
(...)
  1. Krai Mira: Extended Cut

Aye, Krai Mira!!! That's the Russian game, Fallout-like, that was covered here some time ago, which in the wake of Atom RPG release, I simply had forgotten its name (and was afraid to ask here :p)

How is Krai Mira faring these days? Did they release version 1.0? Does it get updates, devs attention, etc etc ?

Aye, Krai Mira!!! That's the Russian game, Fallout-like, that was covered here some time ago, which in the wake of Atom RPG release, I simply had forgotten its name (and was afraid to ask here :p)

How is Krai Mira faring these days? Did they release version 1.0? Does it get updates, devs attention, etc etc ?
Until Atom was released this was the best Ukrainian Fallout clone to date. Unfortunately it looks to be abandoned at this point with no new content or patches.:(

Until Atom was released this was the best Ukrainian Fallout clone to date. Unfortunately it looks to be abandoned at this point with no new content or patches.:(

But is the game complete? I mean, is there a campaign, from beggining to ending ?

But is the game complete? I mean, is there a campaign, from beggining to ending ?
Yes but it's not a good ending based on my last play-through of the enhanced edition.

One more candidate for the showcase that I have just discovered is Regions of Ruin. It's a 2D side-scrolling RPG where you visit various locations to fight enemies and rescue your fellow dwarves, who then help to build up your community. Visually it looks like Kingdom, but the gameplay is completely different. You fight the enemies by choosing when to strike, block or retreat, which gives it a good skill-based combat system. You have stats and skills when you level up, and gear upgrades. I'm finding it very compelling and would recommend you check it out.

I'd like to suggest Vigilantes. While it did have plenty of newsposts and the dev posts here sometime, it didn't even make the list on GOTY so I suspect many Watchers haven't played it yet or even heard of it. It's a solid TB tactical RPG; plays sort of like X:Com but w/ more RPG elements. Would be nice to see an RPGWatch review / developer interview.

Good choice I've head of it and played it last year.^^

Sadly to to me Vigilantes personally wasn't GOTY material compared to other games.

I could also suggest Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen

Sorry, my bad! I misread the OP.

Back
Top Bottom