Witcher 3 - System Requirements Released

aries100

SasqWatch
CD Project RED has announced the system requirements for this game - on Facebook,
it seems. The requirements for your system will be these:

Minimum System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
Direct X 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
Direct X 11
HDD Space 40 GB
Is it just me or do games these days really have delusions of grandeur) I mean, 40GB?

More information.

Oh no this is above my PC. :( No money to upgrade at the moment. This was one of the few games I was looking forward this year…

Is it just me or do games these days really have delusions of grandeur) I mean, 40GB?

CoD: Advanced Warfare required something like 50+ gigs because they chose to not compress some of the data files (like audio). Keeping them uncompressed means they can ask for a lower CPU, since they won't need to be doing real-time decompression of those data files.

I'm hoping those 40 gigs are representative of content, and not of tricks like in CoD's case. I hope those 40 gigs are indicative of loads of gameplay. :D

My current PC has no chance of running the game on high settings, so I'm already planning on what my new one will have. And it's cool that we got these requirements this early. I was planing on waiting some more before upgrading, but now I can do it fairly soon, so other games will benefit from the new horsepower.

I downloaded Wolfenstein: TNO last week..it claimed the download was 44GB (and it took a loooog time). I was not impressed. Really though, for download, devs not compressing any assets that can be compressed is criminal - I have a 70 GB cap! Note everyone has a fast uncapped connection...I will be buying the Witcher 3 in a store however, so that aspect won't bug me at least.

As for the specs: I bought a GTX 980 - upgrade from a 480GTX - for this game, and I seem to be well poised to enjoy the experience :) hurrah!

I understand Booboo but developers and publishers think everyone in the world has fast unlimited internet. I mentioned this before on other threads.

Anyway I match the specs so I'm good to go as I can't afford to update my PC this year.

My current PC has no chance of running the game on high settings, so I'm already planning on what my new one will have. And it's cool that we got these requirements this early. I was planing on waiting some more before upgrading, but now I can do it fairly soon, so other games will benefit from the new horsepower.

Glad you can afford to upgrade your PC, and for all who can.
I will need to sell my house or rob a bank to get some money. :)
But, if there is a option like Very Low and Lower, then it's alright. :)
Looking forward so much for the game, but not sure I can play it this year.

I downloaded Wolfenstein: TNO last week..it claimed the download was 44GB (and it took a loooog time). I was not impressed.
HDD/SDD requirement doesn't mean the installer itself (compressed data) will be that big.
For all I know, The Witcher 3 is not using the same engine as the new Wolfenstein does.

I will need to sell my house or rob a bank to get some money. :)
Make a plan, count me in! :D

true - I'd be happy with more compression though, I don't mind a bit of blurring in my 2K x 2K textures ;-) I actually worked on 3D mesh compression some years back - but no one seems to bother with such algorithms (that I can see). It seems that only academic work in the area of rendering/vfx is taken seriously and popped into game engines

Noone bothers with maximizing the compression because HDDs are so utterly cheap today.
:(

HDD/SDD requirement doesn't mean the installer itself (compressed data) will be that big.
For all I know, The Witcher 3 is not using the same engine as the new Wolfenstein does.

It seemed to be for TNO though - I did indeed download something close to 40+ GB (over 2 X 8 hours periods - I get more data 'free' from midnight to 6.30AM...) The largest game before that as Max Payne 3 (which I played for 3 hours and then uninstalled - I actually had to buy more data for that...)

The largest game before that as Max Payne 3 (which I played for 3 hours and then uninstalled - I actually had to buy more data for that…)
Thanks!
*removed from steam wishlist* :evilgrin:

Thanks!
*removed from steam wishlist* :evilgrin:

I have to take objection to that. Max Payne 3 was great. The atmosphere and theme were nowhere close to MP1/2, but gameplay was very solid. Also, the soundtrack was great. And multi-player was actually pretty good. They made bullet-time work in multiplayer, which is a feat on its own. But I do wish Remedy would get back to it. The same for Alan Wake. And I'm done with the off-topic.

The HDD space in system requirements is sometime higher than what the game takes in reality or what it takes to download it. Really depends how much the game is compressed and how much space is required to perform the installation (i.e. how much is needed to decompress some files).

For example, DAI is compressed on PC (~22GB download) , but not on the consoles (~40GB download).

I don't understand. I could run TW2 on max details except that one crazy option (cannot remember the name).
And now, it seems my computer is under minimum needed to run TW3 :(

I don't understand. I could run TW2 on max details except that one crazy option (cannot remember the name).
And now, it seems my computer is under minimum needed to run TW3 :(

I believe it is the Ubersampling option.

Make a plan, count me in! :D

Will do. When the plan is ready. :D

I believe it is the Ubersampling option.
Yes, that was the one. It was only option that reduced my FPS below playable.

I still don't understand how they could make next game not support people that had no problems running their last game :(

And I could see myself upgrade my GPU, but no chance I will be buying a new MBO and CPU as well. And I would for sure not spend another 60E on TW3 in that case.

At the minimum requirements:
A 660? Really? The game must be really badly optimized considering the recommended card is like 40% faster... Thankfully, I have a 760 myself, so no problems on that side, hopefully.

At the size requirements and people with data caps:
Just download a a cracked compressed version and be done with it. Whining about it won't make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom