Mage's Initiation - Launched on Kickstarter

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Mage's Initiation, a Sierra style Adventure/RPG hybrid has been launched on Kickstarter and is currently after one day at 27K of the asked 65K.
Mage's Initiation is a Role-Playing / Adventure Game hybrid, very similar in style and execution to Sierra On-Line's classic Point-&-Click Quest for Glory and King's Quest series. It maintains all the charm of classic and timeless adventure games of yesteryear while adding 21st century innovation to the mix - like multiple game interfaces, and a free-range magical combat system!
We're all very big fans of the adventure genre here at Himalaya Studios, and we feel that Sierra's games really hit their peak in the early 90s. We're working hard to provide a nostalgic experience, reminiscent of that golden era of 2D Sierra adventures circa 1993-1994.
Mage's Initiation has a medieval / fantasy setting and it features multiple playable character classes, spell-casting, and an open-field magical combat system, complete with equippable items and monster loot drops!
Thanks Xarg.
More information.

Android and iOS ports are a planned stretch goal if we reach $120,000.
I'm not giving a cent in it.

If someone wants to make games for smartphones, go get funded by smartphone manufacturers and con ppl with appstores, but please leave kickstarter alone.

I would only back this if it will come to iOS. This is the kind of game that should be made for iPad. I'm tired of all the attempts to make COD or diablo clones with terrible touch controls.

iOS needs more adventure games and would also be well suited towards wizardry type games.

I probably wouldn't play this on my computer as I already have a very long backlog of games I'm more interested in but on iPad I would definitely give it a go.

I'm in. I too would love to see an Ipad version. But being a long time Kings Quest fan, the PC is fine with me. I think the game looks pretty cool.

From how it is going it looks like it may surpass $120,000 and maybe far more.

isn't this like Quest for Glory series? (and their people made a kickstarter too which I backed btw). Whatever, the more the merrier.

I disagree on the hatred for tablets. This type of games goes perfectly well on them, I'd rather play an adventure game on a tablet than on my PC probably… well maybe not, but I don't see why I wouldn't want it :) Though I guess the 'pixel hunting' problem of adventure games of old would become extremely worse when you're pixel hunting with your fat finger

Looks pretty decent to me. Not a big fan of cartoon-style conversations - but otherwise it looks like a QfG game to me. I loved those, so I'll keep an eye out.

Quest for Glory was fun. And this really seems to go in the same direction. May be worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom