RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - IMDB's 100 top rated movies, it's all change!
View Single Post

October 8th, 2019, 12:05
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
And then you refused to explore elsewhere. Probably didn't give a shot to modern versions, many hated Batman vs Superman but IMO it's an underrated masterpiece not understood by the audience who wanted some shallow michaely bay style movie.
I meant Superheroes in general.
I think Shazam is the only movie I'd watch, or Hancock.
I was greatly enjoying the book "Wearing the cape", which was the only superhero book that ever interested me.

Remember that I grew up with a completely different comic book tradition, and superheroes were for me out of that because they were on the one hand so realistic - humans - but *also* on the other hand so unrealistic - superhero powers. I didn't like that specific combination.
Plus, superheroes never had humour. There were always grim stories. and I didn't like that, too.

My "superhero" tradition was that of Asterix and of Lucky Luke - "the man who shoots faster than his shadow". Both were highly infised by the humour of the French author of René Goscinni.

Even as a kid I never liked anything grim. And in didn't find that in superheroes. The Batman movies and the more modern movies, which are more and more grim were pushing me further away from the superhero genre. In fact, all of my live I never liked movies without humour much. (There are only a few exeptions to that, like Rio Bravo or The Fisherking.)
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)