EA 2D - Dragon Age: Legends Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
EA2D has announced Dragon Age: Legends, a Facebook game that obviously links with BioWare's upcoming Dragon Age 2. Like the Flash game Journeys last time, you'll win in-game bonuses for playing:
Dragon Age Legends Brings BioWare’s Award-Winning Dark Fantasy RPG Franchise to Facebook
New EA Game Includes Exclusive Unlockable Items for the Action RPG Dragon Age II
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced Dragon Age™ Legends, a new Play4Free Facebook® game that expands on the critically acclaimed RPG franchise Dragon Age. The new game is inspired by the award-winning BioWare franchise but custom-designed for the casual and social play style for Facebook users of all ages. Dragon Age Legends blends accessible and engaging tactical combat with compelling co-operative gameplay perfectly suited for social networks, making for a unique offering on the platform. Launching in February 2011, Dragon Age Legends will also give gamers the chance to earn exclusive unlocks* for Dragon Age II, one of the most highly anticipated video games of 2011.
“We are privileged to be working with BioWare to bring the Dragon Age universe to the hundreds of millions of gamers on Facebook,” said Mark Spenner, General Manager of EA 2D. “Our goal is to change the perception of social network games and attract new players to the Facebook platform by raising the quality bar. Dragon Age Legends will deliver a deep, sophisticated experience, and we will continue to delight gamers by adding new features and content far into the future.”
Dragon Age Legends will give players their first taste of the Free Marches, the primary setting of Dragon Age II. Alongside their Facebook friends, players will take on challenging quests within an engaging storyline, earning loot, sharing rewards and growing their kingdom. The game will include a gratifying character customization and upgrade system that will allow players to tackle demons and darkspawn to become a legendary hero within the Dragon Age universe.
More information.

I'm wondering why they didn't put Dragon Age : Legends together with Dragon Age ?
Flash games can be played offline, too - in principle.

I'm wondering why they didn't put Dragon Age : Legends together with Dragon Age ?
Flash games can be played offline, too - in principle.
Huh? What do you mean, Alrik?

They did something similar last time with Dragon Age: Journeys, which was a prequel to Origins and unlocked items for that game. EA2D make some fairly good quality games, though, but I'll be giving this a miss.

I really enjoyed Dragon Age: Journeys -- so, although the Facebook angle makes me skeptical, I will keep an open mind.

I really wish they would do a mobile game instead of Flash/Facebook, but oh well.

I find it strange that there's no link to the official website with the press release: http://www.ea.com/dragon-age-legends

It have a few screenshots and it looks like Dragon Age: Journeys, but with DA2 "animations".

Facebook game???

Pass.

Try again EA2D. This time maybe another flash or make their own game. They got the resources to do a relatively simple yet fun game all on their own, but they choose facebook…..

Well, DA: Journeys was a decent game for passing time whenever I did not have access to a gaming computer. I'll give Legends the benefit of the doubt for now.

I pass. I deleted my Facebook account and hardly going to make a new one just to do this. Seems like it would be better to link something up from their BSD site, which is suppose to be their social site anyhow.

I wish I could delete mine. My family would have a hissy fit if I did.

Huh? What do you mean, Alrik?

Okay, I mixed Journeys with Legends.

Besides, when does "Dragon Age : The Farming Adventure" come out now ?

;)

Besides, when does "Dragon Age : The Farming Adventure" come out now ?

Now that truly made me laugh :D

Facebook game......*facepalm*

The last time Dragon Age was announced the Flash game wasn't the best, but at least it wasn't that bad either.

There was all this talk of returning to their roots.

Now with the second one being released it is like a total 180 on everything they were saying/doing last time.

Bioware seems to want to try to make a somewhat decent rpg game with the first one and then sell out completely with the second one. ME 2 was such a departure from ME 1 that it's like they were made by two totally different developers. This one doesn't look like they are going to break that trend.

Haven't these people done their research? Don't they know RPG fans are sociopaths with no friends?

Bloody Facebook.

I kind of enjoyed DA: Journeys for something to do in my lunch hour.
I don't do Facebook though and very happy with my decision since everyone at work felt enough peer pressure to add the bosses to their accounts. Oh I laughed so hard at that :)

Dragon Age Legends has a legendary fantastic storyline. More than a decade ago, the respected great ruler Khedra was enchanted by a mighty demon and changed his behavior.

Back
Top Bottom