C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Well according to Mike Pondsmith we can wait a few more years.

There is a follow up to that comment of his where he says he doesn't know when it release and that "a few more years" was just a way to say that people still have to wait.

I wouldn't expect it any time soon from the sound of it.

Which is why I don't want to hear anymore or dwell on how great it sounds. That's too painful :)

What does soon mean here?
I'm expecting the release during next february. Definetly not after that. Now to me it's soon as I already have problem with lack of time for games, to some it's very long wait.

"Megabuilding is basically it's own ecosystem. There are vendors there, a gym, a shooting range and only after a few minute ride on the elevator you enter the city"…flashback of ME1's elevators…

Player starts with his own apartment in one. I asked a few people ( who saw the demo), they said it definitely gives a more rundown Deckard's place from Bladerunner.

Also mentioned your first door neighboor is arms merchant, lol.

CD Projekt Red Explains Why Nudity is Important to Cyberpunk 2077

Journalist Leaks Cyberpunk 2077 Demo Audio, Now He's Angry CD Projekt Red Striked His Video Down

Yeah, that was pretty funny. Later on he started complaining how he didn't earn any money/fame from it and now publishers don't trust him.

Yeah, that was pretty funny. Later on he started complaining how he didn't earn any money/fame from it and now publishers don't trust him.
Well what did he expect as he broke his NDA. He's definitely blacklisted now.
At least you shared the audio in another thread.:party:
Those not interested, well they shouldn't be interested. I'm just glad we're getting proper AAA rpg, since..forever? And bloody elves and dragons can sod off. Btw, there is a leaked audio of the demo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/al0xkhsq4u…_leak.zip?dl=0

Mike Pondsmith Talks Cyberpunk 2077, First Person Perspective and MORE.

Cyberpunk 2077: The Cyberpunk Audio Leak and the Idiot behind it.

CD Projekt Red Confirms Cyberpunk 2077 is Still in Pre-Alpha

2020 at the earliest :)
I thought it would be 2019 but it looks like development has not gone at a steady pace. Part of the blame lies with the post Witcher III expansions and DLC. Sad news indeed.

It's a huge and ambitious game. It will take time - can't be helped.

I don't mind waiting for great things, personally.

It's a huge and ambitious game. It will take time - can't be helped.

I don't mind waiting for great things, personally.
I think azarhal talked about this before but CD Projekt would not spend millions on a advertising camping if the release is not 1-2 years from now. They learned that lesson with Witcher III when it was delayed a year because it was not ready.

All that wasted money on that ad campaign that had to be pushed back.

At least it's at a point where development should go faster as all the systems are built, and in the game. Now comes the part of making more content to fill the game.

Last edited:
I think azarhal talked about this before but CD Projekt would not spend millions on a adverting camping if the release is not 1-2 years from now. They learned that lesson with Witcher III when it was delayed a year because it was not ready.

All that wasted money on that ad campaign that had to pushed back.

At least its at a point where development should go faster as all the systems are built, and in the game. Now comes the part of making more content to fill the game.

We haven't really seen an ad campaign for CP2077. We've just seen a very strong E3 reaction - which is a very different thing.

But building hype early for something like this can be highly profitable - because CDPR have managed to generate a nearly infinite amount of good will.

Just look at me. I had several problems with Witcher 3 - especially when it comes to exploration and open world gameplay, and even I am crazy hyped about CP :)

But pre-Alpha for a game like this means it's going to take a long time.

Of course, I'm not psychic - so I can't know. But (very) late 2019 would be the absolute earliest I can imagine for a game of this magnitude - given the current state.

At least we have a bunch of B Budget and other Indie RPGs to fill the gap. Maybe I'll replay the entire Witcher series for the 10th time. Hope we get some game-play soon.

Wonder if Wasteland 3 will be released late 2018-2019?

At least we have a bunch of B Budget and other Indie RPGs to fill the gap. Maybe I'll replay the entire Witcher series for the 10th time. Hope we get some game-play soon.

Wonder if Wasteland 3 will be released late 2018-2019?

Plenty of great games for me in the meantime :)

I haven't really followed WL3 development much. BT4 seems to have taken forever compared to its scope - and WL2 also took a while.

But I'd guess another year at least for WL3.

Yet another video about the Audio Leak.

Journalist Brags About Leaking Demo Audio, Then Complains He Got in Trouble

Back
Top Bottom