Dragon Age 4 - Top 10 Suggestions

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Twinfinite suggests 10 things Dragon Age 4 can do to avoid becoming Mass Effect Andromeda.

Flesh Out Loyalty Quests for Companions

Speaking of companion characters, the Dragon Age series is begging for more fleshed out loyalty missions the player can take part in to gain their party members' admiration.

Since they were used in Mass Effect 2, BioWare game fans have been eager to see loyalty missions applied to the developer's fantasy RPG series. Being able to change the character's outlook on the world, and meaningfully change their role in the rest of the game, is an appealing prospect few would want to pass up.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Give us an awesome button. Something you use, every once and then in combat, one for each class, extravagant, stylish as fuck, that "extra flair".
Main character can even yell meantime: This is aweeeesome!

As I said before enjoyed all three previous games with various likes and dislikes of. If I have only thing I really desire for DA4 it's please no online server needed to play.

Only asking this as a few Designers have said Anthem inspired the next game.

Please make a tactical camera that doesn't punch me in the face.

Also found a similar article but they only wanted four things not ten.:biggrin:

4 Things Gamewatcher wants to see in Dragon Age 4
Dragon Age 4 has been rumored or outright talked about since the closure of Dragon Age Inquisition with the Trespasser DLC in 2015. At the Game Awards, finally, Dragon Age 4 was properly announced.

But that's it. No real title, no release date, no story points, no setting, just a vague trailer you can see below, the nice artwork above - and a line from Trespasser. As big fans of the franchise (we've even seen the movie!) and of BioWare in general, we thought we'd put our minds to listing everything we want to see in Dragon Age 4! No spoilers here, we'll save that for the Everything We Know!

So basically better everything. If it stays Origin exclusive I'll prolly skip it like the rest of 'em. Not that I missed anything...

As I said before enjoyed all three previous games with various likes and dislikes of. If I have only thing I really desire for DA4 it's please no online server needed to play.

Only asking this as a few Designers have said Anthem inspired the next game.

I agree with this - I liked all of the previous games. I'd rather not see the series get 76'd into something I'll never touch.

Beyond that - getting the game via Steam would be ideal. Complete removal of romance nonsense would be grand (although I know some really get into some pixel-based lovin so this won't happen).

Slightly smaller zones such that fully exploring everything isn't an MMO-like endless slog that leaves you ridiculously overpowered eventually would be keen too. I like tons of content but clearing massive zones gets kind of repetitive after a while.

I guess at this point, based on my low opinion of all things corporate gaming, with even Blizzard and Bethesda getting reduced to blatant sludge, I can only hope for a game that is not a complete disaster.

It's getting to the point where I'm pinning an ungodly amount of hope on Cyberpunk 2077.

I'll prolly skip it like the rest of 'em. Not that I missed anything…

How would you know?

Inquisition was really good -- and I say that even having played with the constant frustration of trying to play it in its lazily-implemented tactical mode.

How would you know?

Inquisition was really good -- and I say that even having played with the constant frustration of trying to play it in its lazily-implemented tactical mode.

Yeah, I'm sure there are some good bits in there, but all I read and saw about it left it in the field of mediocre. I already had my trouble with the first one and gave up after about 30 h both times.

I still remember the near-physical pain I felt when I first saw that char in the camp of DA Origins that tried to sell you the first DLC. I felt literally betrayed back then. Now look where we have come to. Not saying DLC is bad, but it showed the path Bioware (or EA) was on. And then came DA 2. Jeez...

I like DA universe, lore and the story but its difficult to enjoy any of that with MMO like combat (or waves of enemies dropping from a thin air), and horrible tactical camera. I enjoyed reading spoilers and speculation on story more than actually playing DA2 and DA:I.

It doesn't matter what people want. Bioware hasn't listened to their audience since this whole series came out and continues to do so. Instead of listening they continue to spin justifications of their agenda.

https://twitter.com/eplerjc/status/1071164223219228673?lang=en

John Epler said:
A few folks telling me, after seeing my twitter profile, not to bring my politics into the game. Dragon Age has always been about belonging - about realizing that family is more than blood and about celebrating our diversity and differences. It will remain so. Dragon Age is about hope, about how love and friendship are forces for good and about how, in the end, what we have is Ultimately, though - all art is politics. It's just ... a lot easier to ignore it when those politics match up. I wear my heart, and beliefs, on my sleeve. And I always will. We have finite time on this world. I want to spend mine making it a better and more caring place.

Yep already talked about that in Joxer's gaming bullshit thread.:biggrin:

First lets not pretend there is a company called Bio-ware.

Second and most important. Don't push sjw agenda on people. Just make a good game.

Thought I find it hard to believe EA remembers or if ever knew how to do that

First lets not pretend there is a company called Bio-ware.

Second and most important. Don't push sjw agenda on people. Just make a good game.

Thought I find it hard to believe EA remembers or if ever knew how to do that
Sadly most of the gaming industry is falling into that camp.

Developers and publishers love to push agenda's and have lost all touch with the fan-base. Look at Assassin Creed Odyssey for a lesson that Ubisoft has learned.

Link - https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...s-creed-odyssey-and-ubisoft-is-shocked/73560/

Sadly most of the gaming industry is falling into that camp.

Developers and publishers love to push agenda's and have lost all touch with the fan-base. Look at Assassin Creed Odyssey for a lesson that Ubisoft has learned.

Link - https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...s-creed-odyssey-and-ubisoft-is-shocked/73560/

Kind of a dumb article. What lesson did UBI learn? That 1/3 of the millions of people playing the game played the girl. That doesn’t sound bad. It’s also the fastest selling AC game and is blowing origins out of the water sales wise.

So i guess they learned including the girl made millions of their customers happy and the game is the fastest selling. Sounds like all good things.

I’m also not sure what SJW agenda BioWare is pushing. Unless having gay and lesbian characters makes you SJW.

Back
Top Bottom