What games are you playing now?

I just ran through Bleubanc and Duvalie, curb-stomped both of them, I think she got one attack off, he got three, and their robots never flinched.....till they were quivering from death. The trash creatures were far more difficult than these two clowns, it was downright pathetic.

So, earlier I won the game....or thought I had. The next thing I knew, I've got a duo team that I think came from Trails in the Sky, or the names are just scary similar. Anyways, I'll be getting back to it tomorrow, I'm starting to believe that this may be the game that never ends.

Say what? So final chapter is not final?
Ah okay, more bosses to nail I guess… ;)

EDIT:

A few more things about NNK2.

The game has one difficulty same for everyone. It's easy. Maybe should say supereasy. The main story.
Once you start sidequests, soon you'll find it far from easy. Went against a slime wich is a sort of miniboss, I was level 40 and it was level 33, it wiped the floor with me. Of course that's because I went brute melee force on it instead of running far and shooting at it while activating "brownies" to heal or give back MP or construct a cannon when they're ready.
Then after I breezed through main story skirmish with low level combatants without calling reinforcement even once (skirmish level is different from your party level) I thought okay now they're level 10 lemme breeze trough optional skirmish level 10 - yea, no dice. I had to buy all buffs and carefully forward while using special moves and reinforcements, and even then I almost died in the end, it was pure luck an "allies" group spawned and distracted the opponent so I could pull back and call for more own reinforcements. No, I'm not gonna jump in optional skirmish level 14 right away till I train my troops some more!

And I like it. I think this is the first game that disables "dick sizes" called difficulty but instead has them combined ingame in form of easy for main story and hard for side content. Here's hope more future products will copy this design.

Last edited:
The robot nameds were pretty tough, and I had to use one team that had two people on it that I hardly ever used in game, so that was a grueling fight that never seemed to end. The first one uses a magic/craft reflect that I just had to wait out at times, then test it with poor Fie to see if it was really expired or not. The second robot was far easier. Crow and Vita then proceeded to beat my uber squad into the dirt, until Elliott (hereafter referred to as "little man-god") busted out a 186k critical hit from an Altair Cannon which pretty much ended the fight on the spot.

And then after like a twenty minute denouement, I found myself in an entirely new place with two folk that I'd never played before. One is named Lloyd, and I'm fairly certain he was referenced in the Trails in the Sky games. The other, some lady who's name I don't recall, I didn't recognize her or her name at all. I'm wondering if they snuck a different game in on this one, lol!

The magic shield doesn't expire, it breaks on the first hostile spell though. Use fast spells with low damage to remove it so the mirrored damage is minimal. ;)
If that's the magic shield I spam with Emma on us all the time.

Playing Factorio, Factorio, and more Factorio. So addicting for a person that loves making contraptions. So fun. Starting over for a fourth time today, this time without aggressive enemies so I can focus on learning the game rather than fending off attacks and replenishing turrets 95% of time, 20 hours in!

Trying hard to stay interested in ME:A, but I think it's losing me...

I'm finished with Eos, but I have the feeling that there's still a looong way to go, and there are a lot of other games calling out to me.

You're probably finished with just a part of Eos. The rest of it is not accessible earlygame.

Just picked up Arcanum for $6 on Steam. Felt like reliving some nostalgia.

I'm playing a little game called Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor.

I think I played that one 15 or 16 years ago; hum. I think it might have been my first real rpg.

I think I've told the story that i never played rpg till my older sister sent me a bunch of games she no longer played - something called Baulder Gate (I and II) and some really weird game called might and magic vii. Never knew she played games until that box arrived in the mail. There was several other games and a couple of adventure games - vaguely I think one might have been something like grin findango (not sure of spelling; never got around to play it)…

I'm playing a little game called Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor.

Never heard of it…
Probably an indie kickstarter in early access only for backers? ;)

The"3DO" from the Intro-Video is ringing in my ears, whenever I see this mentioned... :'(

Playing Atelier Lydie & Suelle, just starting, but so refreshing to play a game series that doesn't alter the core gameplay. No QTEs, no twitchiness added to combat, nothing. Each game has different stories, different characters, different crafting systems, different abilities and spells, different mission systems, etc. but still pure turn based crafting and combat in all its glory. I just wish they made a game where the protagonist isn't a 15 year old girl for a change, but guess the conservative approach goes both ways.

I just wish they made a game where the protagonist isn't a 15 year old girl for a change, but guess the conservative approach goes both ways.
The last time I played an Atelier Iris game was on the PS2. If I recall it had a male protagonist throughout the whole game, and was the last game to do so.

Last edited:
The last time I played an Atelier Iris game was on the PS2. If I recall it had a male protagonist throughout the whole game, and was the last game to do so.

Yes the first Ateliers were mostly standard JRPGs with some crafting. The current style of Ateliers with their focus on crafting and deep crafting systems started with Atelier Rorona I think. You can play it in Windows if you have Playstation Now it's part of their library (unfortunately Totori and Meruru are not, it jumps from Rorona to Ayesha, but each game is mostly stand-alone with only some references to the previous games).

I had a chance to start a new game yesterday, which is pretty unusual for me as I hardly ever play on the weekends, and I began the Last Remnant. Only got about two hours in, but I'm really liking it so far and looking forward to exploring much more come Tuesday!

Started ME:A today. Only played about 2 hours so far. Current evaluation:
Don't much care for combat mechanics so far
Hair on the ladies look really really bad - something just seems whacky about it. Maybe there is a setting ot make it look more natural ?
Initial map is linear but very confusing - like they tried to immitate tomb raider but left out hte key ingrediants.
-
Only been a couple of hours maybe the combat mechanics will grow on me over time but not sure... seems really lame.

Been playing NWN:EE all weekend. Initially was solo (edit - playing an Eye of the Beholder remake) then mostly on a PW called Netheril - Age of Magic. Having fun, the quality of the PW is pretty awesome. There's life in the old girl yet :)

Last edited:
Played NWN: Kingmaker. It started off quite fun, trying to win over different factions and all but felt a bit rushed (abrupt final boss battle) and too short. But still fun for what it is. Onwards to different premium module :)

Back
Top Bottom