Far Cry New Dawn Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Seems that nuclear ending of FarCry 5 has spawned a spin-off called New Dawn.

Introducing Far Cry New Dawn, the standalone sequel to Far Cry 5. Watch the World Premiere trailer and discover how Hope County, Montana has changed seventeen years after a global nuclear catastrophe. Far Cry New Dawn releases February 15, 2019 for $39.99 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One,

A month of work overpriced cashgrab.

I don’t mind a cash grab if it’s fun.

Is it even a cash grab if I buy it and feel I got my money’s worth?:thinking:

Was FC5 fun? Well then.

Yes it's cashgrab even if you feel you got your money worth. This is a standalone spinoff/DLC and as such should not charge more than $25.

Yea, this is looking like a quick one, I think joxer has it. They only charge $40 for it, and reuse the same graphics from the last game, only putting on new touches to show it is "post-apocalyptic". This doesn't do much to spark my interest, even though I'm someone who has enjoyed a couple of the Far Cry games in the past.

I’ve had fun with all the far cry games I’ve played.

I think I differ from many gamers in that I don’t judge worth by how much work they put in to it. I judge it by how much enjoyment I get out of it.

Maybe my question should be, is a cash grab a bad thing if I enjoy it?

Wonder if you play the deputy again? As it showed a small scene with John Seed.

What's with all the purple flowers and trans killers? Is this set in Florida?

If colorful shooters are your thing, this looks 100x better…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZppAJKcC7ZU

Ehhhh, I've seen a few videos, but AI really looks bloody awful. Great core gunplay, lackluster everything else. FC is more expansive in how you it lets you mess around with the world and more open ended missions. We'll see, we'll see.

Ehhhh, I've seen a few videos, but AI really looks bloody awful. Great core gunplay, lackluster everything else. FC is more expansive in how you it lets you mess around with the world and more open ended missions. We'll see, we'll see.

Not sure where you get that the AI looks awful there but ok. I'll take Mad Max over post-apocalyptic hillbillies any day. :)

More game-play footage.

With this big budget open world post-apoc shooter, and RAGE 2* coming soon, and the other CRPG/shooter by ex-Fallout devs, I wonder if Bethesda are regretting their Fallout 76 shenanigans even more. Big names are busting in on your territory bro, while you were distracted by your bug-infested, uninspired survival game. Doh!

[*okay, yeah, that's published by Bethesda, but diff developers AFAIR]

Last edited:
I recently played some of Far Cry 3 and it was busywork, after busywork. As I understand, newer Far Cry games are not much better in that regard (except for FC5 getting rid of those annoying towers). Shooting was fine, but I played better.
Rage 1, on the other hand, was pure shooter fun. The open world aspect of it was meh, but the shooting was pure id goodness. Much better that FC. I hope the second one delivers better open world, while keeping the shooting on the same level. It's another developer, so I'm kind of skeptical. Their previous games, the Just Cause series, wasn't much better in terms of the open world than FC.

I don’t mind a cash grab if it’s fun.

Is it even a cash grab if I buy it and feel I got my money’s worth?:thinking:

If Joxer says so, then it is :p

Back
Top Bottom