What games are you playing now?

Yeah, and I am still slinking my way through the Talos I satellite, sneak killing every creepy crawler (almost), and exploring every nook and cranny. Never had so much fun with a wrench, and certainly a lot more fun than the wrench my back has been suffering for the last month.

After long break I returned to gaming, still not fully but at least I got some sweet gaming hours finally.

Grim dawn with latest expansion. Playing new classes, Necromancer and having great time with it. My character practically does no damage and relies on buffed up minions to do his dirty work.

I'm playing the 8-bit retro Dungeons of Chaos. I bought it on Steam for less than $10 and I've already sunk 20+ hours into it. This is a combat game that has deep character customization. Skills, stats, perks, party formations, classes, training that can be slowly learned by doing or spending hard-earned talent points for quicker growth. Exploration is very good too. There are secret doors that are only unearthed by perception, locks only pickable by a rogue or high level magic, etc.

A very deep character system with supremely cheap graphics. I mean it was an ipad exclusive for a long time iirc. I'm surprised how much fun I'm having with this. Let's see it feels like most like Ultima 3 with tweaked graphics. Richard Garriot even admitted to playing it and having fun. The dev was blow out of the water when Lord British posted about his game.

This would be perfect for @Archangel; and @luj1;. This is classic old-style combat rpgs.

Quests are pretty straight forward. Almost all of them start with a townsperson/trainer asking you to clear a dungeon to keep their town safer or to collect a needed resource.
Anyway I've talked it up other places, but this is what I'm playing now.

I tried it on the iphone but the screen is just too small for that device; at least for these old eyes.

Got it on my radar already. I like Low Magic Age too.

suddenly some hitman mood came to me, so i started the first game after 13 or 14 years, gonna replay the entire series if i have time; but in the first game, damn some terrible controls :D and no save during missions :(

suddenly some hitman mood came to me, so i started the first game after 13 or 14 years, gonna replay the entire series if i have time; but in the first game, damn some terrible controls :D and no save during missions :(

I started and stopped playing the first one recently for those exact reasons. I got them all in a bundle ages ago and haven't played any of them before... Any suggestions on where to pickup the series if I don't want to play through number 1?

Thanks in advance

Well i liked them all, played every one back in the day when they were released. Part 2 is better than the first, story is more attractive, they added checkpoints in missions and the disguise meter which made it harder...start with this see if you like it. Part 3 is actually some missions from the first game plus others. Most people say bloodmoney was the best, big areas with many ways to complete the objectives.

I finished the original Hitman years ago, and that was an excercise in masochism. It was easily one of the most frustrating games I've ever played, but I finished it out of pure stubbornness.

I always meant to go back and try some of the other games in the series...

Still playing Deus Ex Mandkind Divided.

Playing as a sneak and only using non-fatal takedown, and ghosting through everything, with my own personal challenge to takedown every enemy (well except for the train station, had to give up on taking them all down ghosting) and hack everything up to level 3 and getting the data stores even if I have the code. I only use a gun with EMP ammo on the exoskeleton guys or robots if I can't take them down by sneaking up on them. Not only that, but I'm trudging back and forth to sell junk found. This is taking a while.

On the last zone of Utelek and have already spent 80 hours (fully exploring Prague being most of that) and have 100k euros.

Utelek is visually rather amazing, btw. However, came across a bug where the market would not render when coming back from ARC territory for selling and entry would cause me to fall through the game. So I had to give up selling stuff in Utelek. Still a great game.

The plight of the augs is so sad in this, and it is rather heart wrenching at times. The writing and voice acting is first rate most of the time. Makes me want to listen to random lines from NPCs once in Utelek.

One thing that should have been fixed is inventory management. Not enough inventory room and storage in your apartment, given the number of unique guns in this game. Kind of forces a playstyle on you from the beginning. Since there's not enough room to store all gun types and their corresponding ammo types.

Last edited:
Have a long-term cooperative DOS:2 game going and I'm dabbling in ESO.

I expect to start over in ELEX in the near future, but I'm waiting for another patch or two.

Assassin creed origins - I have given up all the previous ones after couple of hours but here I am still at it with origins! It reminds me lot of Witcher 3 and Horizon zero dawn. The game is worth it for sight seeing alone!

Assassin creed origins - I have given up all the previous ones after couple of hours but here I am still at it with origins! It reminds me lot of Witcher 3 and Horizon zero dawn. The game is worth it for sight seeing alone!

I've been considering this one…. I don't think I've ever completed a Ubisoft open worlder - and certainly not an AC game.

Still, there's something about the setting that's tempting me.

Didn't complete HZD or W3, either, though.

All of them have been too repetitive in terms of gameplay. I know in my heart that I'll almost certainly feel the same way about Origins :)

I've been considering this one…. I don't think I've ever completed a Ubisoft open worlder - and certainly not an AC game.

Still, there's something about the setting that's tempting me.

Didn't complete HZD or W3, either, though.

All of them have been too repetitive in terms of gameplay. I know in my heart that I'll almost certainly feel the same way about Origins :)

I doubt I will complete Origins since I think its damn big for its own good bit like Witcher 3. However I think I will get good 40/50 hour fun out of it so its money well spent!

The main reason why I got the game was Egypt. There is something so mysteries and seductive about the "setting" and I think the game captures that very well so far.

However there is no deep RPG system or story here for 100+ hours but there is enough to keep you engaged for good 40 hours, me thinks!

I think of this as the new Thor movie, its not deep but will entertain for the ticket price :)

Back
Top Bottom