Mass Effect: Andromeda - Comparison with The Witcher 3

Sure that's the point, economy justice warriors, if that's how you evaluate game, I better never care.

It's like requesting EA or Ubi does like CDK, lol, sure.

Bollocks. Don't know what "CDK" is but CDPR did very well by doing things their way so adopting it by any other company doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Of course it wont happen but idea isn't crazy.

Ok, I dont know anything about DA:I DLCs other than Trespasser but… Arrival was definitely necessary for ME3. I didnt play Arrival which gave me all sorts of confusion starting ME3.

Confusion like? Very hard to figure out. Arrival was mainly about building a sense of emergency, how imminent the invasion was. A bit of a teaser.
The invasion was revealed way before the arrival thing and once ME3 was released, the imminent dimension was outdated.

Like, why my Shepard is grounded? Where is Normandy and the crew? What happened with Cereberus? What happened to Shepard's spectre status? How much time has passed since the ending of ME2?

I am taking a role of Shepard - my avarta seems to know what is going on, while I (as Shepard) have no idea whats happened between the ending of ME2 and the beginning of ME3 - see the problem?

Last edited:
Arrival was mainly about building a sense of emergency, how imminent the invasion was. A bit of a teaser.
What emergency. Did you even play all ME games without then with DLC?
Arrival was key setup of Shepard's indoctrination. You might still believe the kid through the next game was just his imagination, the point is, all but one mission DLC Bioware did in ME2 and ME3 held keys to understand the complete story. Only the best DLC was a standalone spinoff story (Citadel), everything else was a planned milking with most probably cut out material from the game only to grab more $ with it.

EDIT:
A more proper IMO article appeared on VG247, ME4 vs DA3:
http://www.vg247.com/2017/04/21/mas...-bioware-is-losing-its-heart-this-generation/
More proper. Not saying better.

Last edited:
The DLC comparison between EA/Bioware and CDPR is actually very telling as to the larger corporate strategies of the two studios IMO.

In particular, the EA/Bioware business strategy focuses on existing customers and how to get additional revenue from those existing customers. Sell DLC, micro-transactions and online gaming assets to the existing customers. Use the various types of add-ons to get more money out of the existing customer.

CDPR has a business strategy more like conventional businesses. A game product represents a long term investment. The goal is to exploit the investment by selling more product. Exploit the product by improving it and selling more. Greater returns from the big initial investment. Get new customers instead of exploiting existing customers.

So CDPR makes the original game better via free add-ons and extended additions. CDPR DLC has very high value separate from the original product, and then later, the high quality DLC is packaged with the original product and the package sold at a discount with the goal of selling greater numbers of the original product.

Bioware's strategy of exploiting existing customers results in gamers that feel used, and well, exploited, IMO. CDPR's strategy continues to add new customers and tends to make the existing customers feel valued and pampered IMO.

__

Last edited:
Usually, dlcs are meant for existing customers.

What emergency. Did you even play all ME games without then with DLC?
Arrival was key setup of Shepard's indoctrination. You might still believe the kid through the next game was just his imagination, the point is, all but one mission DLC Bioware did in ME2 and ME3 held keys to understand the complete story.

The arrival ends on a ticking countdown.

The indoctrination is one interpretation. Mostly born from disatisfaction of the story.

ME3 starts with a classical narrative rope. Sheppard is set to be the galaxy saviour. On his path to his destiny, he meets with a vulnerable member of his species he fails to protect and save.
Plain character building. Sheppard is that guy who failed at saving a member of his own race (default Sheppard) yet will be given the opportunity to determine the fate of the galaxy.
The guy who can not wipe his own arse but will take care of everyone narrative trick.

It did not bite. Probably because writers spent three episodes building Sheppard as a character who achieved the impossible. Then the failure at saving a child of his own race did not fit well with people who associate closely with the character.

The boy was there at the start, the apparatus at the end appears with the same face to recall who Sheppard is: a guy who is going to determine the future for everyone while he was unable of saving a kid of his own race.

The arrival has nothing to do with that. Beside, it is the start that is said to be confusing. Even when going the indoctrination path, it does not click.

Perhaps not to you, but well, I had enough time to analyze everything including the Evangelion ending.

Meanwhile, wtf is yams? Apparently it's some food, I've never heard about that, can anyone explain it to me?
This video didn't help (although it's "educational" in different ways):

Never seen those in my life honestly. What I don't understand is the hate. If those (vegetables?) taste so bad, how come adults are forcing them onto kids?

I think that's probably a Mum (Mom) thing. Mum works hard to prepare dish that Mum loves and is sure children will love; She serves it to children -- some don't like it and Mum tries to force them to eat it with confidence that children will love it if they only give it a try. Doesn't work and Mum keeps trying -- makes it not work even worse.

My mom and both grandmothers cooked and served Yam dishes. I never liked them though I think my sisters did. To me its partially the texture, in combination with the unusual taste -- the texture is smooth, almost slick, missing the slight graininess of normal baked potato,

My wife loves Yams. I still don't.

__

Are we talking about American Yams (which aren't Yams at all) or the true Yams? Just like American Swiss cheese is only rarely Swiss? :)

Bollocks. Don't know what "CDK" is but CDPR did very well by doing things their way so adopting it by any other company doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Of course it wont happen but idea isn't crazy.

Stinky monkey, you should think more than one second before argue giants as EA or Ubi can do what does CD crap. Clown.

And don't call me bollocks you stupid hateboy bastard.

ohhhh look baby got upset. Go to mummy, she will kiss it better.

Stinky monkey, you should think more than one second before argue giants as EA or Ubi can do what does CD crap. Clown.

And don't call me bollocks you stupid hateboy bastard.

1nr4gi.jpg

Sure that's the point, economy justice warriors, if that's how you evaluate game, I better never care.

It's like requesting EA or Ubi does like CDK, lol, sure.

So your argument is "how dare a company do right by their consumers"?

Its one thing to say it is good for companies like EA or UBI to exploit DLC to make more money because it makes business sense. But to begrudge a company for giving value to their DLC is quite absurd.

I could almost accuse you of getting paid by EA now.

Looks like you've blown his cover Damian. He will need a new account now :biggrin:

Looks like you've blown his cover Damian. He will need a new account now :biggrin:

He made a similar comment on how the business model of Path Of Exile is not repeatable when it is like the only one with that business model. I asked him how he could come to that conclusion without another game trying it. He hasnt responded to that either.

Back
Top Bottom