Greedfall - Gameplay Footage @ LastKnownMeal

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Porcozaur spotted some Greedfall gameplay footage:

Greedfall Actual GAMEPLAY Footage Breakdown! New Info About Story, Characters, Fighting and MORE!

Today we talk about Greedfall since we have some juicy information. We are featuring gameplay analysis, story, and characters breakdown and a lot of new details.
More information.

I wish Spiders a better luck this time. The game has potential to be really good, I can't help feeling a certain Piranha Bytes vibe when I see the video. Is there an ETA ?

Yea their history is questionable but this looks very good as well as other trailers. Having said that my guess is Joxer won't like the hairworks and Mercy will complain about the interface but those are minor issues tangent to whether it will be a decent game imho.

"Looks promising"

I wish Spiders a better luck this time. The game has potential to be really good, I can't help feeling a certain Piranha Bytes vibe when I see the video. Is there an ETA ?
They mentioned 2019

That looked amazing! Will be so curious to see how the final product turns out. Totally on my watch and see list.

I prefer them to PB, at this point, tbh. They're slowly improving with each game, this could be easily be on par with Witcher II.
Engine is pretty good for a small studio, they need to fix some gameplay issues and keep same consistent quality to the end of the game ( You can see everytime how they run out of time and budget, and quality drops in second half)

I prefer them to PB, at this point, tbh. They're slowly improving with each game, this could be easily be on par with Witcher II.

Eh? I like Spiders, but they've yet to make anything that puts them on the same level as PB or CD Projekt.

Greedfall looks interesting. Hopefully it's a step up from Mars: WL and The Technomancer.

I also prefer them to Piranha Bytes. I've seen them evolve and improve the quality of their games with every new release, whereas PB has essentially became a shovelware factory.

I also prefer them to Piranha Bytes. I've seen them evolve and improve the quality of their games with every new release, whereas PB has essentially became a shovelware factory.

Right. And which games from those developers have you played from start to finish? :)

As you can see, The Technomancer combat is on another level than Elex.

GrandioseDeterminedHarvestmouse-size_restricted.gif

1466505030-techno-gif-11.gif

Last edited:
Was nice to see actual gameplay which is what I was looking for. The game is looking pretty good. I played Mars War Logs and the Technomancer. I did feel The Technomancer was a better game but just interesting enough to play once and never again. I'm hoping this is a game that I enjoy so much I want to play through at least one more time to see things from another perspective.

Well I like both developers and enjoy the combat in each. Though I will end and say hopefully Spider's can make an RPG better then B Grade. The end moving on now.

Last edited:
Nice find with english, the video i sent was in spanish i think haha

i thinks it has extra footage and not filmed with a camera

They're slowly improving with each game
Imho they don't. While imho Technomancer was stronger than Mars:WL, their second game Bound By Flame was weaker than MWL So for me its 3>1>2.
Reson could be that BBF was released only 1 year after MWL, but Technomancer was released 2 years after BBF. If Greedfall will be realesed in mid 2019, so we'll have a gap of 3 years. That's encouraging.

I really liked Technomancer. It had a KOTR vibe to it. Enjoyed it way more than Mass Effect. If we had an underrated category for Watch awards, I'd nominate Technomancer.

I really liked Technomancer. It had a KOTR vibe to it. Enjoyed it way more than Mass Effect. If we had an underrated category for Watch awards, I'd nominate Technomancer.

How did I miss this game :p Never heard of it. Watching some trailers and reading some reviews now. May have to check it out.

EDIT: The reviews on it seem pretty brutal though :p

Been a long time since I read so many negative reviews on a game. It sounds really bad.

The reviews on it seem pretty brutal though :p

Been a long time since I read so many negative reviews on a game. It sounds really bad.
Well if you played most of Spiders games they all follow the same pattern. You usual have good stories but lack of funds to create anything special hampers development.

From a few interviews their publisher Focus Home Interactive has given Spiders a larger budget this time for Greedfall, but given my past experiences I still have doubts.

Anyway I enjoy most of their games despite being B grade RPGs.

I can't speculate on the reason so many reviews were bad. Some of them are just blatant "not big AAA producer from west = bad game"
Add that to the bandwagon effect and I'd say a great many of those negative reviews could be written off.
I could also be completely blind because i really enjoyed it too.
Maybe pick it up cheap sometime and give it a shot.

Yeah, but it's a bit like the bad reviews Gothic would get... not 100% justified and can be ignored if you know what you're getting into. Their games are B grade with some janky bits but can still be pretty fun (though I'm not suggesting they're anywhere near as good as Gothic... far from that but still decent games).

Back
Top Bottom