DA:O Spoiler question about quest order

Dragon Age: Origins

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch
So which is best to do first?
Kill Flemeth,or go to the Brecilian forest first, if we've just beat Connor's demon, after liberating the circle mages in the Circle Tower quest? Does Flemeth have no use for one in the MQ itself?

I plan to keep Morrigan btw, if I can.

You really don't have to kill anyone.

You really don't have to kill anyone.
Too late! The deed is done. Wynne had a tiny, tiny speck of HP left, - the others were all dead as doornails... but we did it, after a long and exhausting repartee.... :S :rolleyes:

Speaking quest order, I really wonder if I took the right decision. After finishing the mage circle, I went for the dwarven city... the first two fights (bounty hunter & messenger) were really tough, I had to use a good quantity of poultice to survive. I wonder if it's a good indication of what's to come.

…Coercion?

The thing is that
Flemeth is willing to simply give you the things that Morrigan wants, and then you need to lie to Morrigan, saying you had killed Flemeth. You know, though, that Flemeth will still eventually possess Morrigan, since that becomes plain from the dialogue with Flemeth.
I almost took the option of accepting Flemeth's "offer" but for RP reasons, I just did not feel right about this, changed my mind, and decided to kill her anyway.

Besides, it was a tough and satisfying fight..-I almost gave up when two of my party members were dead after Wynne had already restored one to life - I thought I didn't have a chance.
In the end, Flemeth died just a few seconds before Wynne was about to; so all in all I felt very pleased with how things turned out!
:lol:

Speaking quest order, I really wonder if I took the right decision. After finishing the mage circle, I went for the dwarven city… the first two fights (bounty hunter & messenger) were really tough, I had to use a good quantity of poultice to survive. I wonder if it's a good indication of what's to come.

I'd say Redcliffe is easier than Orzammar.

You're right, the option is not necessary. I'd really like to know if there are any repercussions if you
choose to let Flemeth live, such as, for instance, at the end of the game, seeing how she takes over Morrigan's body.
Has anybody completed the game after choosing to let a certain someone live?

Nearing the end of my 2nd playhrough, in which I did exactly as you suggested. We'll see how it goes. I suspect little will happen, but I'll confirm that when completing it.

Here's the order I visited the main cities after Ostagar:

1. Lothering
2. RedCliffe
3. Mage Tower
4. Bercilian Forest (sp)
5. Denerim (side quests only)
6. Orazamar

By the time I had gotten to Orazamar, my party was already high enough level (around level 16-17 ) that I only found certain battles *somewhat* challenging. The only ones that I had to try again for a few times were (both in Deep Roads):

That Spider Queen
Brankha & her Golems

To me, the most difficult portions of the game are the early to midgame before you gain enough levels so your mage can get decent area of effect spells & disablers. After this, the game doesn't become a cakewalk, but there are far fewer "nail biter" battles. You can also sit back and let your tactics take over provided you have given your characters the proper skills.

Playing in NORMAL, btw.

Although there's no required order, going to Denerim early in the game is a good way to make some money with its side quest and visit its shops. Even if you come back latter for more "serious" business. Also, going to the tower early might be more beneficial than latter, as there's some quite unique and permanent bonus... err "boni"(?) to get there.

Otherwise, it's purely subjective for me, but I've yet to savor Brecilian and Orzamar, which I think (& hope) might be more fun and poetic than Redcliffe, and at least as fun a the Cicle tower.

Um….. you're nearing the end of a "second" playthrough? :thinking:

Done actually. Doing a 3rd now, Dwarf Noble Warrior w/2H weapon (previous ones were an elven mage and a human noble rogue w/dualwield). As for the Flemeth thing, it was as I suspected: It changes nothing.

In addition to gaming? I work. That's about it. Oh, and I watch some football (soccer) from time to time. I do some reading as well, but mostly when I travel (due to work, obviously).

Without a doubt one of the hardest fights in the game.

Not that bad, really.

You can simply tank her while standing back with ranged DPS.

She doesn't do anything that'll kill your tank if you keep healing on him/her, and then it's just a matter of DPS'ing her down while keeping aggro which is not hard in this game.

Easy and basically fool-proof.

Back
Top Bottom