RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Baldur's Gate 3 - Early Access Review @ Game Rant
View Single Post

October 20th, 2020, 12:41
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Concerning the fact that you have an unchangeable party after Act 1: is this being discussed somewhere in the community (Larian forums etc.)?
Dude, Larian forums are very confusing and I am having a hard time believing they can mine anything useful out of that mess. People keep spamming the forum with their opinions every minute and it is hard to keep track of what is going on over there.

Anyway, it seems that the general discussion is going further than the defined companions introduced in the EA. People are hoping for a 5-6 member party, write about at least 12 origin characters, etc. As it seems, nothing has been set to stone quite yet.

I personally understand the focus on a few well-written characters and especially the decision on 4 party members. Those battles are long enough as they are. As for locking to only 4 characters after Act 1, I don't get either. There should at least be more joinable NPCs later on during the game.

I also feel that many things most people "agree" on that thread would make the game worse. More loot, more party members, more this and that. Less is more for low-level characters.
Last edited by largh; October 20th, 2020 at 13:26.

largh

Sentinel

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1: