RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Baldur's Gate 3 - Early Access Review @ Collider
View Single Post

October 24th, 2020, 22:21
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
I find I love the die rolls myself. I thought it would break me out of immersion but I suppose I treat it like I do seeing a mouse cursor on the screen or a UI or that I am sitting in a chair looking at a monitor. All noise my brain filters out while I get into the game.

The die rolls not only harken back to the days of being a DM and rolling but it helps show some of the randomness, which I like, behind things.

My hearbeat gets a little faster (how much depends on how important the roll is) and I eagerly await, sometimes dread, the result. It's one of my favorite features.
I just can't understand who thought this was a good idea to implement.

So yeah I very much dislike it. We’re not playing a TT game. Hiding dice rolls was one of the better choices BG made. Other CRPGs don’t need to show dice rolls either.

All the dice rolls do is ruin the flow of dialogs for a game-play experience I don't find interesting. I foresee me using a trainer to cheat the dice, or a mod to remove them.
--
"Nowadays due to woke ideology, the normal rules of the game, due process, political compromise, the presumption of innocence, free speech, even reason itself have now been suspended"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)