Heroes of might and Magic 3

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
I still love this game so much and I don't know why.

Any time when I am bored and want to play a game I load it up and have so much fun playing it.

It's definitely great, but I prefer HoMM4 and HoMM7, personally.

That said, I played HoMM2 more than any of them.

you…. prefer…. 4…. ? :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::paranoid:

Obviously, it's much better ;)

Just kidding.

I like it more because it has more RPG elements - and they were always my favorite part of the series.

Also, I play HoMM games exclusively in multiplayer with friends. So, I don't care about AI or the singleplayer campaigns.

That's probably another factor in my preferences.

I stopped playing strategy games like these in singleplayer long ago, except as practice.

I just played a HoMM 3 map last night. The computer crushed me. That hasn't happened in a while :) Wake of the Gods can be evil at times.

For me, 1999 was the greatest year in computer gaming. HoMM 3 and Everquest was released. My most played games of all time.

I replay it roughly once per year on average, going through all the campaigns of HoMM3, Armageddon's Blade and Shadow of Death. Fantastic game.

I'll likely never play another game as much as I played Everquest. Even the game I've been looking forward to for years, books seem to be winning these days against computer games.

HoMM3 is certainly one of the best games ever made. Even if you prefer one of the others in the series, nothing really matches the sense of majesty of No.3, the sense that that was the game where the it all came together.

HoMM3 is definitely different, it perfected a formula when homm4 (that I enjoyed a lot too) changed the formula. The difference is previous HoMM was just quite less good, and later was different, more RPG, story, and light exploration, but less strategical. For the combats, I don't think those of HoMM3 are better than those of HoMM4, more the reverse.

But even if HoMM3 had been huge for me, replay (last 5+ years) worked better for HoMM4, with a replay length quite longer.

The big sadness I have about this series, is it left Mac, unlike Civilization.

Back
Top Bottom