Dead State - Kickstarter Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Brian and Annie Mitsoda have tossed up two Kickstarter updates to push the final outcome for their Dead State campaign. With only three days to go, they are currently sitting at $228k - well over the reserve but hoping for $360k to achieve all the stretch goals. If you've been thinking about contributing to this one, head over before time runs out.

More information.

sorry, no :)

Any particular reason or just trying to downgrade a game you think you don't like just for the sake of it ? :)

Not trying to get a go at you nor trying to be rude, i was just interessed into knowing if it was the name "zombie" that let you down and you imidiately lost interest or if you gone and checked what the game is about and just didnt like it even after seeing its an RPG with turn-based combat and base construection/maintenance with heavy NPC interaction, and not a hack and slash like all the other zombie games ;)

If you did check and still didnt like it, i apologize trully.

C'mon, guys, let's at least get $260k and the extra character creation options!!!

I already bought my copy by backing them. I wont spend more money.;)

Last edited:
I'd be willing to contribute if I knew the system requirements for the game, but I cannot seem to find what the expectations are. I'm not going to help fund a game that I might not be able to play. And I'm just not in the mood for building a new machine right now, so don't bother suggesting it.

I'd be willing to contribute if I knew the system requirements for the game, but I cannot seem to find what the expectations are. I'm not going to help fund a game that I might not be able to play. And I'm just not in the mood for building a new machine right now, so don't bother suggesting it.

The requirements won't be high. Maybe try the Age of Decadence free.demo, as Dead State will use the same engine. The following is the best estimate I could find in 10 minutes:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2369.0.html

The new trailer delivers.

No world to save
No evil to destroy
No vengeance to be had
Just
Survive.

Going to be quite an oddity in the current video games market.

The new trailer delivers.

No world to save
No evil to destroy
No vengeance to be had
Just
Survive.

Going to be quite an oddity in the current video games market.

Less than $1500 to go to reach the next stretch goal!
$240k - More Attack Animations, 2 New Allies, 2 New Shelter Upgrades.

Then don't shit up the thread with pointless posts.

Wow, that's a completely uncalled response. I am backing up the game and I hope that it will do well, but I do not find someone expressing dissent (a) shit or (b) pointless. I actually like to see arguments from both sides.

Just passed the 240k stretch goal. Next up:
$260k - More Character Creation Options, More Zombie Variety, Post-Release Game Modifiers

I would like this game to be successful and reach all the stretch goals. But this Kickstarter project suffers from a low average pledge ammount per backer, which is currently at $29. Either the higher tiers aren't attractive enough or people have already spent too much money on previous projects.

Both is probably a problem. They were careful not to add physical rewards at low tiers (which is financially a smart thing) but that leads to generally low pledges as the digital rewards are not seen as attractive enough. But they should try to add a somewhat attractive $20 or $25 level to convince existing backers to upgrade.

This is the game I've been most hopeful for in years and wish them every success. I'm a backer, but it really hasn't been the best-structured Kickstarter I've seen, and I've backed quite a few now. Ghan's got it right. They really needed a good mid tier reward. The bullet flash drive is a cool idea but pricey at $80. They really needed something like that -- or a better digital reward -- at a cost just under a full priced computer game, say $40. They have a decent number of backers, but they're primarily at the $15 level.

Here's to hoping they hit $260k. That would be a nice addition to the game.

They explained their reasons for lack of teasing physical incentives: they want to direct the most of the money to the production of the game.

In this regard, imo, they should have started with a $20 or even $25 entry tiers. $ 5 cost increase would have probably changed very little on the number of people at that tiers and would have netted $30,000 more. $10 might have been riskier.

They were aiming for a lot of backers from the start. Maybe too much.

Would be great if they managed the 260k tiers.

Considering the possible mechanics of the game when it comes to allies control and the forthcoming rejection of it by players, dogs would have been fine if included from the start.

Good. Originally i pledged 15 bucks, but now i upgraded it to 21. Might even kick it up one more notch, should they be near a goal by the end.

New $21 tier up..

This new tier is a must-have for only $6 more, especialy since the game seems to still be taking long to get out.

Imho was exactly what the project needed in the lower tiers, the fans realy want to be closer to the devs and the project in the making, so this tier is a no-brainer good.

I've already migrated up to $21.

Also, the concept art seems realy nice:

DS_Concepts.jpg

Back
Top Bottom