Biomutant - Release Date: May 25

I'm cautiously pessimistic. Looked too action'y last I saw it and it's had a huge development cycle, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if it's turned in to something I would like.

Second that it looks very original compared to other RPGs.

Last edited:
I thought this game had been released already. Probably mixed with something else.

But, hey, what happened to Beyond Good and Evil 2? It also has animals as protagonists and seems more interesting than this one. There were some trailers around the same time as the first CP2077 trailers. Nothing since then?

@Couchpotato;, yes that must be it. Animals and "mutant" in the name. Are those games connected?

@Couchpotato, yes that must be it. Animals and "mutant" in the name. Are those games connected?
No just similar but Biomutant looks larger, and had a bigger budget.

Plus Mutant Year Zero is an X-Com clone and this is an open world RPG.

But, hey, what happened to Beyond Good and Evil 2? It also has animals as protagonists and seems more interesting than this one. There were some trailers around the same time as the first CP2077 trailers. Nothing since then?

It went dark for years after that, then all of a sudden in something like 2017 they started releasing new trailers, and gameplay footage leading up to at least late 2018, so work was still being done as recently as then. The Game Director apparently left the company (or was kicked out, anonymous staff supposedly claim he caused the project to restart a few times) in September 2020, but the company claimed his projects were left in other's hands and were still being worked on. No release date as of yet.

So it's definitely been in development hell, but still appears to be being developed until they say otherwise.

I might give this one a chanse. I am not really into "furries" or whatever you call the whole "sentient animal" bit. However, I was pleasantly surprised by "Mutant Year Zero".

Not a great game in my opinion but still above average, as far as xcom clones go, and unexpectedly entertaining. So...maybe.

I might give this one a chanse. I am not really into "furries" or whatever you call the whole "sentient animal" bit.

Well, you might be disappointed by this game then as I think it is going to ship with FRM - Furry Rights Management. Meaning you have to be wearing a full furry body suit to play it. :biggrin:

I remember the game to be very actiony when I saw it in 2017 when it was announced. The developer I spoke with also mentioned that it played best with a controller, although it did work with a keyboard and mouse, which fits an action game I suppose. Then again, at that time it was scheduled for release in 2018. Much could have changed in the mean time. For me it didn't give any vibes at the time that made me interested in following the game.

I'm digging the post-apoc look of the game world here. Not sure how I feel about the characters though.

Are they giving you special feelings? :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom