Shroud of the Avatar - Free to play

Yeah, I read this a couple of months ago.

They can't afford to pay their rent anymore, and I think they stopped hosting their own servers or somesuch, so they are "experimenting" with an officeless company. The commute times saved must be a huge boon to the productivity of the company!

so bloody sad and funny....what douchebag group....I'm still pissed at them.

Still remember this site had a few die hard defenders of this game during, and after the funded kickstarter a few years back…..Oh how the times have changed it seems.

In the end this game is just another Richard Garriott failure.:D

Last edited:
I do laugh that many of the negative reviews have several hundred hours played. I'll never understand that.

I was only in for the single player experience.
Got a few friends who were sinking hundreds of hours into the game and apparently love it. But they were enjoging the MP component.

So...I will still wait for additional SP content and at some point play through that. But who knows when that will be...

So…I will still wait for additional SP content and at some point play through that. But who knows when that will be…

Given current developments, I suspect never. So may be I should spend a couple of hours with it, since I backed it, before it …. dies.

Yep, also imho there will never be any meaningful SP content.

Doesn't it have something like an offline mode? I think it was mentioned in the KS project at least.

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would want to play it regardless of mode. The game looks mediocre in every way.

The production values are particularly bad. It resembles something from the early 2000's rather than a game that was released just last year.

How do you take $10 million+ and make something that looks like a mid-budget indie title?

The number of concurrent players is a failure. People who paid tens of thousands of dollars for virtual real estate are fools... they were fools regardless of the success of the game, but certainly fools in its failure.

They only promised offline play to raise funds but changed the wording on the kickstarter a few weeks later. So everyone basically got an off-line MMO game.:(

Yep, there was a lot of changing words and stuff like that afterwords....money talks folks.

I'll play this at some point, since I did actually pay for it, but it might be years in the future.
I paid for it too, but I've got better things to do with my life, I bet you do too.

Back
Top Bottom