Cyberpunk 2077 - Multiplayer is in the Works

This vid product is a gift. CDR Projekt can do no wrong.

If ever, as it is expected, this vid product is low on gameplay, watching the woke crowd defending their vid product on the simple ground it matches their ideology will be worthwhile.

Personally, I didn't even like the last Witcher game that much, though they created a nice world with some of the best dialogue I've heard in a video game.

This news is just a cunning way to find out why @joxer; is taking his longest break from the site for months isn't it.
LOL

I was under siege (family at small space) for weeks, the siege is over and now I'm grinding Ancestors.
No time for lousy news like this one. Who needs mmo?

I'm not gonna betatest till doomsday yet another mmo, probably named:
Cyberpunk 76.

I think a multiplayer mode, in this game, is completely unnecessary, plain and simple. Period.

The CDPR accountant begs to differ. :p

Article on PC Gamer: https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-will-have-multiplayer-eventually/

So they will provide all the free DLC and updates first, then do multi-player. Still, will there be less DLC because they want to work on multi-player? What about single player paid DLC?

This news just can't be good in my eyes. Best case is that it's only a little bit negative.

I was under siege (family at small space) for weeks, the siege is over and now I'm grinding Ancestors.
Joxer, just because a few of your elderly relatives didn't leave when they should have doesn't give you the right to chop them… oh! The GAME Ancestors! I gotta pay more attention to capitalization.

Article on PC Gamer: https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-will-have-multiplayer-eventually/

So they will provide all the free DLC and updates first, then do multi-player. Still, will there be less DLC because they want to work on multi-player? What about single player paid DLC?

You read the article, but you didn't read the article. They say very explicitly that they will produce DLC AND "single player content" (your single player paid DLC) and "once we're done", produce multiplayer. They have never given any indication whatsoever that they would set aside planned single player content in favor of multiplayer functionality, and in fact have done the exact opposite countless times.

I think I'm the only one who find this good news lol - I wasn't going to play this but now that it's also going MP route, I might play it with hubby.

How to show dedication to SP products:

simple minded people could have thought it is achieved when releasing exclusively single player products.

It is not.

It is achieved when releasing MU products.

Usages:

They are many.

Job: show dedication to a job by taking up another.
Relationship: show dedication to a relationship by starting an affair
Life style: show dedication to a life style by adopting another

CDR Projekt is definitively a SP product dedicated studio.

But it does speak a bit to the type of game this may be. So, they're going more the GTA route. More of a shooter, as we already knew, really. But as others have kind of said, this path does sort of come with its own mindset. Personally, I don't need another GTA, if that's who they're squaring off with next.

You read the article, but you didn't read the article. They say very explicitly that they will produce DLC AND "single player content" (your single player paid DLC) and "once we're done", produce multiplayer. They have never given any indication whatsoever that they would set aside planned single player content in favor of multiplayer functionality, and in fact have done the exact opposite countless times.
The follow-up said:
"The plan for now is to deliver Cyberpunk 2077 in April, then follow up with DLCs (free!) and single player content, and—once we're done—invite you for some multiplayer action,"
The way I read that, they mean that the DLC will be free. There isn't any paid DLC.

What I'm worried about is that they've decided to multiplayer instead of paid DLC. Now maybe that's wrong. Maybe they are going to give us some Blood & Wine sized DLCs completely free. I rather doubt it, though. I think this time the paid DLC is being replaced by multiplayer.

Hmmm... it could also be that the base game is already as large as Witcher 3 + Heart of Stone + Blood & Wine. Maybe there's no paid DLC because the single player game is already crazy huge!

The follow-up said:

The way I read that, they mean that the DLC will be free. There isn't any paid DLC.

What I'm worried about is that they've decided to multiplayer instead of paid DLC. Now maybe that's wrong. Maybe they are going to give us some Blood & Wine sized DLCs completely free. I rather doubt it, though. I think this time the paid DLC is being replaced by multiplayer.

Hmmm… it could also be that the base game is already as large as Witcher 3 + Heart of Stone + Blood & Wine. Maybe there's no paid DLC because the single player game is already crazy huge!

My guess is the free dlc will be like the 16 free dlc’s they released for the Witcher 3 and the single player content will be like blood and wine which they will call expansions to make it appear that they don't charge for dlc.

Normally, I hate MP, and it ruins SP games. But not always. I'm going with the GTA crowd here with my suspicions. I bet they're going the GTA route, which really didn't affect the SP in that game.

No.
Sure, as CDR Projekt failed to developp their own PR model, they are trying to hijack Rockstar's.

But Rockstar never hid their MU features, they publicized them and they hyped them.

CDR Projekt rode the wave of the mass hysteria big, bad corps are killing SP, big, bad corps want SP dead. CDR Projekt were pictured as the last stronghold, the last hope.

Then the news about CP 2077 and its MU features was leaked to test waters.
And the planning of releases was scheduled to give an exit to all players who were chanting death to big, bad corps, they want SP dead, long live CDR Projekt, the last saviour of mankind.

Nothing to do with Rockstar's behaviour.

The conclusion is foregone once again: The unshaking players support to SP is going to morph into they do not mind MU as long as it is done the CDR Projekt way.

Big, bad corps should learn from CDR projekt the right way to support SP gaming.

My guess is the free dlc will be like the 16 free dlc’s they released for the Witcher 3 and the single player content will be like blood and wine which they will call expansions to make it appear that they don't charge for dlc.

Eh? Why wouldn't they call them expansions if that's what they are? If they release something that's comparable to Blood and Wine content-wise, I'd certainly call that an expansion.

Eh? Why wouldn't they call them expansions if that's what they are? If they release something that's comparable to Blood and Wine content-wise, I'd certainly call that an expansion.

That's just semantics. Whatever they call them, they make a distinction between the free and the "single player content" which comes after. Given the history of how they supported The Witcher 3, it's not a reach to expect that they mean something similar.

That's just semantics. Whatever they call them, they make a distinction between the free and the "single player content" which comes after. Given the history of how they supported The Witcher 3, it's not a reach to expect that they mean something similar.

My point was the difference between them is obvious. You can't reasonably expect DLC over a certain size to be free.

Plus if this were any other AAA developer, they'd be nickel & diming us for each and every one of those smaller DLCs.

Back
Top Bottom