NWN2 - Shipping Updates

Dhruin

SasqWatch
NWN2 should be turning up in NA stores today - we'll add the official announcements as soon as we get them. Alternatively, those in NA can grab the Direct2Drive version now, which apparently is compatible with the standard retail patches according to a FAQ at NW Vault.
On the official forums there's news that the Australian release has been delayed a week to Nov 16th and another thread with the v1.01 patch notes. This patch includes a beta version on the DM client, nine new spells for druids and a fix for lagging controls. At this stage there don't appear to be any mirrors for the file but we'll update as they come to hand.
More information.

I'm looking forward to seeing those first reviews. Not much fanfare for this game being released, compared to the first one. Everything in the media nowadays is either World of Warcraft or Playstation 3.

I'm heading to Best Buy later today anyway, I'll check it out.

Since I have to go to work today I'll probably grab this tomorrow. Although I do want to see if I can get a LE copy so I can regret wasting the extra $10 on it in 6 months.

As it is, I can't find my Best Buy receipt, just my pre-order box.

Most stores don't seem to have it out till tomorrow. Of course, once again Wal-Mart hasn't heard of it.

Apparently there's problem with some D2D customers patching their versions of the game.

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=506389&forum=109

A shame there's a patch out already - should I say prior to actual release? I damn well hope they haven't rushed this one out.

I'm just glad I pre-ordered with Amazon!

Thanks to my foresight in getting the free shipping, I'll be sitting back playing this baby as soon as November 9th, while all you fools are... uh... GODDAMNIT!

Just a quick note on D2D: I am living in Austria, and I stated that I live in the US. I can download everything there now what is just for US residents. I got Space Rangers 2 this way, and Oblivion...

I tried that trick with SR2 and it still wouldn't allow me to download. Could you post EXACTLY how you convinced them.

I'm annoyed by the delay for Australia, though it means I'll have more time to finish Gothic3!!

The day one patch had been known for months before they even printed a gold version.

The main reason being the DM Client made it. Since its in Beta I imagine it wouldn't do to have it on the disc itself. There are already a few problems with it.

As well, new features like the Natural Spells for Druids have been added. You would have to know those have been written and tested for some time already.

It looks to me this is a content patch rather than a bug fix patch.

Like Bio's first patch I'm guessing its a security patch as well to prevent warezers from having certain features available to paid customers.

Bah, screw D2D. I'm in america and it keeps giving me this: "Neverwinter Nights 2 was removed from your cart due to country location restrictions."

Now that I'm off work I'll just go pick it up, assuming its still there, and save myself the headache.

By the time the game arrives here, I'm sure there will be several patches!!

Up here in Qc it's been delayed until tomorrow, says both EB and BestBuy.

One of my 5 closest Best Buys is showing stock ... but not one I'm likely to go to (I actually like to see my family ;) )

I ordered today from GoGamer. They've got it for $39.90 and I just chose the cheapest shipping method. That can take up to two weeks, but I'm in the middle of U5: Lazarus and won't be finished for a long, long, time.

I got to Best Buy today. I couldn't find my pre-order receipt but the gal gave me the $10 off anyway as I had the box in my hand.

Problem was it was there but it would take them an hour to receive it. So I got out and eat - wasting the $10 I saved - and come back in an hour and half to find it out it was "late". The guy said it would be another hour.

So the gal made him put a rush on it and I got it 15 minutes. Got the limited edition too.

Be careful with the box on that one: the tray is taped to the bottom. You have to cut three different seals on it.

The list changes in the patch has been posted. I'll email Dhruin with it as well as some ongoing problems w/ Direct 2 Download.

I got my Limited Edition today ... my normal Best Buy friend is off this week and I'm struck by the sheer incompetence of the rest of the crew ...

Back
Top Bottom