The Witcher - Patch 1.2 Now Available

The more total time playing the game seems to be leading back to the previous Save. Load and Autosave times, I hope this is wrong but I will be starting chapter 3 soon, so it should be pretty clear by then.

magerette said:
I think you can go into your save games folder and manually rename saves
Intersting, thanks magerette. :)
There must be a trick to it, so I will check the thread, as I tired this a couple of times, in the past.

Thought I would give a update, in chapter 3 it's as if the patch has no effect, seemed in chapter 2 the patch had lost about 50% of it's benefits, now it's but a faded memory, at least in my case. Worst still after playing about 2 to 3 hours at a time seems like I am noticing Memory Leaks which were not there before.

If this is not just me whom loses all the patch benifits in chapter 2 & 3, then it would at most seem impossible for the Q & A to have missed this and I hope it was maybe a translation issue but how could Cd Projekt claim 50% improvement in Load Times and 2-5 sec Autosave times when they only exist in Prolog and Chapter 1? :(

Just you, from my position. The patch made such a difference I'm replaying on my underpowered laptop (now in Ch. 3). The initial startup load *might* be a tad longer but going in and out of a house is now but a few seconds. Fantastic.

I should probably clarify that the general performance (framerate) is much the same but I can put up with the laptop's jerkiness now that the load times are so much better.

Must be just you, then - I'm playing Chapter 4 and the improvements are very noticeable. Still, maybe your computer is just too weak for it? Basicaly, as I understand it, the Aurora Engine will empty out the memory and reload everything for every new area. The new patch has then, presumably, eliminated the "empty out memory" bit and instead make the game check the memory before adding new stuff in (this is why going into a house used to be a breeze even before, but going back out is a pain, whereas they both take about as much now). And of course, you can see how this wouldn't work - if your RAM is too small, the game still has to reload everything, so there's no real improvement.

Maybe it is me, yet I don't think it's my computer, drivers maybe, though it was working better before the patch, in regard to the Memory Leaks. However if I am correct it could explain how Memory Leaks appeared.

I might have been clearer in my post, too. I agree the Saving and Loading Benifits still exist going from Hub to Chunks (small buildings). Saving Auto and Manual are very swift inside these Chunk areas like Huts. However leaving these Chunks, with very small amounts of AI present to a very active AI area, Hubs the Saving and Loading is for the most part back to Pre-Patch levels for me.

Imo and seen in the Loading Screens, what I believe they did was prevent a Full Memory Flush, when going inside these Chunks. Normally going to a Hub Pre-Patch you would see the Main System Load Screen with the Wolf Amulet, then as a Chunk loads we Switch to the beautiful in-game stills, now we just see the Stills when entering the Chunks. This means less to Load and less data to Save. Also how a possible Memory Leak could have been born, maybe just missed since the Flushing is different now for Chunks or they have a Minor problem with there new Flush System.

So, in Chapter 2 & 3 you guys can go from a Chuck to a Hub at the same Speed as Prologue and Chapter 1 or how about Loading a Hub Save?
If so, maybe the way I patched by going from 1.1a to 1.2, did you guys go from 1.0 to 1.2?

Anyway glad your not having problems. :)

A lot of this too I see is also due to the Saves getting bigger and bigger, I just started Chapter 4.

I'm still only in act 1 in my second playthrough but so far both chunk and hub loading takes only a second or two, while on my first playthrough without the patch it usually took 15 seconds or more for hub loads, and about 5 seconds for chunk loads.

I'm still in vizima doing the investigation, but everything's been super smooth so far, I didn't play it before the patch though

Damn good game so far, I don't think I've hit a single dull moment.

Back
Top Bottom