Solasta - A world introduction

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a Kickstarter update we get to know a bit more about the history of the world of Solasta.

Solasta is an old world.

From the mists of history, three races arose: Halflings, Dwarves, and Elves. At the height of the Elven wars, the creation of the Arcaneum, an institution dedicated to magic, marked the birth of the Manacalon Empire, and the beginning of the elves' supremacy over Solasta. The path of empire led to a separation: while the self-named "high elves" sought dominion over the whole world, the ancestors of today's sylvan elves withdrew to the forests of the east and devoted themselves to living in harmony with nature and resisting the ambitions of their imperialist cousins.

9652749e8086a730eda34c97c1cbf87f_original.png
The Empire grew slowly but steadily, spreading out from the elven homelands of the Aer-Elai and conquering the lands that would become known as the Inner Provinces. Few could resist the power of elven magic - but then, the expansion faltered.

The lands of the snow dwarves were harsh, buttressed by cold and high mountains. Strengthened by the neighboring sylvan elves, the Snow Alliance fought the Imperial armies to a standstill, despite their magic.

17b6ee9dff04bc6bfc01f9fbc67676b2_original.png

[...]
More information.

Admittedly I'm getting cynical, but these vague 'great cataclysm' events to explain how everything got f'd up is getting kind of played out in fantasy settings.

That said, I wish them luck. It looks pretty.

Admittedly I'm getting cynical, but these vague 'great cataclysm' events to explain how everything got f'd up is getting kind of played out in fantasy settings.

That said, I wish them luck. It looks pretty.

I agree, seems very coockie cutter and been there done that for a back drop story. I am very interested in the gameplay and their adaption of the 5E of D&D. I'll keep this one on my radar.

Back
Top Bottom