The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The final 2 quests on Sorrowdusk are level 10 and not trivial. While we're smarter than the average bear, I think we'd have to sacrifice our elite streak to manage that with level 8s that might be level 9 by then if we're lucky.

So...it sounds to me like we're down to Necro2 or tavern quests (Tear, Gwylan, Stormcleve, Redwillow, Korromar, etc). Given that Necro2 means we'd have to go swimming again, I'd vote for tavern quests.

Why, swimming is fun ! :)

I like exploring underwater areas very much ! :) Plus, you get that ring with that spell in the very first introduction quest or can craft your own one ! ;)

How about updating your toons to get to know their current state ? I'd like to know what levels they have, because I'm a little bit confused right now.

I do know what you have written on the last pages of this thread, but I'd like to know for sure.

Updates please here or there : http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15033

You haven't run that Necro2 swimming quest yet, Alrik. It's painfully long, with only 1 short optional quest keeping it from being 100% on very narrow rails. The only exploring you'll do is retracing the same paths multiple times because the area map is worthless and the water-filled tunnels all look the same. Every time you run it a portion of your brain shrivels up and dies.

I certainly want to run VoN (never have run that raid), but we're probably not high enough level for it yet, particularly if we're protecting our elite streak. Even on hard, the Invincible would pulverize us at level 8.

Red Fens is something even I could participate - since I have that.
The others : Don't have.

I've been there, my very first "exploration missions", but never too far into the distance.

I found the "plants" unique.

But Mommy, I don't wanna do the icky swimmy quest again...

I don't mind difficult quests (final boss of Harbinger2, Dreaming Dark). I don't mind frustrating quests (Monestary, Crucible) unless I'm feeling cranky. But man do I hate f'in tedious quests. The first couple times running Shadow-whatever-the-swimmy-one-is were bearable, but after all the runs we've done, it just sucks rocks. Royally. It has joined Misery Peak and the hobgob village in STK in my Axis of Evil and I shall whine unceasingly if faced with running it (note that Coal Chamber is approaching Axis membership, but hasn't quite made the cut yet).

You have been warned, az. ;)

In respect to dte, I think we should farm Necro2 at least 3 times.

28774941.png

29315280.png

While I will definitely be playing this week, I've had my usual Feb schedule of RL activities altered and I will miss the 2 weeks after this Friday. Hopefully that will be the last session I miss for a LONG time, but someone decided to start something I'm committed to a day earlier this year!! :( Sorry.

Today I was in The Red Fens for the second time - that area is HUGE !!! O_O

I don't think that I've seen everything yet. And I've used about 1000 arrows … And last, those BEEEP "Black Puddings" destroyed my most valuable weapons ! Grrr … Next time I'll change to lesser weapons and/or the Everbright weapon I had taken from the Guild Chest so long ago (and am still grateful for it !).

Nice to be able to "befriend" a "Fen Cat", by the way. ;)

I tried to do the "Last Stand" quest, but failed - I guess I'll have to do it again. ;)

I also found a sign within the ruined Drow village … but - believe me or not ! - I couldn't find the accompanying altar again ! :lol:

I have already collected a few pearls - that sword of plant bane comes in handy :) , but I don't know what to do with this "Sign Of Vulkoor" I received for the golden pearl ?! *scratches head* http://ddowiki.com/page/Token_of_Vulkoor
I see in the Wiki that I can use it to "clean" items … Well, I'm curious, then …

Man oh man, first he leaves town, then he just gets busy.......someone needs to get his priorities straight I think. :deal::whip: WHAT is more important than gaming? :slap:

Not much, but unfortunately RL sometimes doesn't care about YOUR preferences!! :D

Humph................:cm: They know not who they deal with!

Welcome home or back or whatever sounds right. ;)

"They" ? :lol:

"The Power That Be … err, Define What Is Reality" ? :lol:

Edit : Before I say "Good Night" (local time), I would like to point out towards this incredible screenshot : http://www.ddo.com/us/news/1933-ddo-screenshot-of-the-week-58

I found it quite impressive.
Especially considering what had to be done to get it right
I wouldn't know how to do it …

From a comic I found the other day :

"Before his career in philosophy, Descartes did a job in the community."

Picture : Descartes pointing out (to two bystanders) towards a town map (which looks a bit like a labyrinth), where a big red dot is subtitled :

"You are there, therefore you are."

For those of us who craft, found out something useful. If you have a Bound to Account, random gen item, such as those from the Sharn Syndicate end rewards (most of those quests) or Delera's Tomb's non-named end rewards, it will remain BTA after crafting it, and retain it's lower minimum level.

Ijii now has ML7 +10 Spot, Search, and Disable items. I believe I can also craft myself up to +4 ML7 stat items; +2 is ML3, and usually it's 2 minimum levels per stat points. So ML5 for +3 nand ML7 for +4. Unfortunately, I'm way down on essences since I've spent the better part of 2 hours discovering this.

Also, Lesser Vampirism is fairly effective on a TWF build, right now Ijii just tore through Tear of Dhakaan on normal using a set of crafted Keen Scimitars of Lesser Vampirism. They covered most of the incoming damage so long as I didn't get tripped or slowed (which happens frequently in that quest), and even held up against the boss fights (which also happens frequently in that quest). This netted me 13k xp for a normal run.

Right now, about half of her gear is crafted. This has left her with more cash on hand than I'd normally have on a first lifer, despite buying items for use as blanks when crafting others' items.

Weapons: +2 Holy Scimitars (x2), both crafted
Keen Scimitars of Lesser Vampirism, both crafted
Chainmail of Invulnerability, crafted
Goggles of Battleskill +2, crafted
Rings of Health +2, Spot +10, Search +10, and Disable +10, all crafted.
Charged Gauntlets, Chronoscope Raid
Belt of Moderate Fortification
Pathfinder's Boots
Pathfinder's Necklace
Helm of WIS +2, crafted

I intend to craft STR +4 Bracers, CON+4 Ring, and WIS +4 Helm once I have BTA blanks and Essences. The Ring will just be remade from my current +2 one. I can also make Regular Bane (+2, 2d6 damage vs specific type) shards now.

Sadly, all this is bound; I can just make +2 stat items and +5 skill items unbound. The levels needed there are ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom