Dragon Age 3 - First Details @ Kotaku

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Kotaku reports some of the first details that emerged about Dragon Age 3: Inquisition. These details include full customization of the playing and non-playing characters and owning a castle. If that doesn't work out, they can always use it for a next Sims add-on I suppose.
Creative director Mike Laidlaw said that "customization is going to be bigger than Dragon Age Origins," to include "follower customization," according to producer Cameron Lee's live-tweeting of the event.
Asked how much control players would have over their character, lead writer David Gaider said "You will be human," before adding that "backgrounds will be in Dragon Age 3 even though you will be human, it's not playable but it does significant impact on the story." That again was according to Lee's twitter feed.
More information.

"Follower customization"... It's true that I'm obsessed, but does that include sillicons for certain body parts? :D

They've learned their lesson. No more promises of tons of multiple walkthroughs, with impacting decisions for each. Costs too much to developp.

Still the bit about previous episodes having overweighting consequences but right now, character will only be human.

After DA:Origins - I was ready to be really intrigued by sequels. After DA2, SWtOR and ME3 - I'm pretty much at less than zero interest related to ANYTHING Bioware does.

That said, if a miracle happens - I can only be positively surprised, so it's a win-win.

Yeah, I expect nothing worthwhile. If its more like DA:O and a lot less like the recent Bioware games I'll be pleasantly surprised but my days of buying all their games is long over.

As long as there is proper physics and bouncing programmed.

ok, im bored at work

C

I also want customizable chainmail bikinis and high heels. Now combine that with proper physics. That's what I call true RPG. :)

Screw tactical gameplay, nonlinear storyline, c&c, detailed, explorable world. These are for nerds. :)

I think I'm bored too...

Great, there is nothing I like better than being limited to the "vanilla" human choice. (Rolls eyes) Despite that, some of the other stuff sounds promising.

if they copy some of CYanide's recent work. They'll make a fortune, but i doubt they get it

This is one I will not be doing preorders on. Gonna wait to hear real players tell me if it is worth my trying out, provided some one buys it and posts their ideas in detail.

If you can't choose your race, it does sound like it has more customization.

After DA:Origins - I was ready to be really intrigued by sequels. After DA2, SWtOR and ME3 - I'm pretty much at less than zero interest related to ANYTHING Bioware does.

That said, if a miracle happens - I can only be positively surprised, so it's a win-win.

The new engine there using though intrigues me. At this point though I don't have high expectations so I wont be disappointed again.

if they copy some of CYanide's recent work. They'll make a fortune, but i doubt they get it

Why? Cyanide isn't a studio you should copy or emulate. There games don't sell that well even if I enjoyed some of them.

Last edited:

Yeah, those guys have really been showing bioware how to make money.

If they stick with Dragon Age Origins as a model to follow, it might, and I say MIGHT, be worth playing. I'll still be waiting to see what the jury says first, I'm more likely to preorder Doomsday paraphenalia than anything from Bioware ever again.

-Carn

Perhaps more interesting details here: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/20/more-dragon-age-3-details-surface/

The cinematic designer says that the pre-production on this is longer than any other project he's worked on. He also said, "one level in Dragon Age 3 is as big as all of Dragon Age 2's levels."

That's not a particularly notable achievement, but, on both fronts, it definitely feels like a conscious attempt to contrast DA3 with DA2's rush to release.

Although I'm highly suspect of DA3, and I won't be preordering it a la DAO and DA2, anything that implies "We learned a lesson from DA2" is good news to me.

Hm, no races to chose is sad. I loved that in DA:O.

But I am interested. Still the article doesn't really say much, but given how bad Bioware fares recently, DA3 is kinda their last chance to redeem theselves.

Their last chance? DA2 wasn't good....but other then that what? Should we use the same logic with paranah bytes?

You mean copy the Game of Thrones RPG?

I think that game would be pretty crappy for anyone who is not already a GRRM fan. It had a lot of problems and felt very rushed.

Given that the game is being designed by focus group, I imagine the decision to make the protagonist human is because there wasn't much player love for elf/dwarf PCs in DA:O. Bioware makes games for the median gamer.

Back
Top Bottom