Gothic Falling in love all over again...

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Ok that title was dumb.

Earlier this year I finally finished G3 v1.6. You can read my overindulged commentary here if you like.

With Risen right around the corner, I really felt like firing up G2+NotR again and if not playing it to completion, just playing with it for fun.

What a great game this is. Even after all these years and having played it in the past two times, once as a fighter and once as a mage. It really holds up against the test of time very well. It takes a seat right next to Ultima VII in my opinion.

There is so much varying content in this game, I can't really think of another game that comes close, except perhaps U7. And the night sky... I love those shooting stars. Hope that makes a comeback in Risen.

I also have a question for any of you G2 experts out there. I'm currently in the NotR expansion area of the game. There is this one location that I never could figure out how to reach. If you enter the 'valley' section of the map, and take the path that leads to the most southern section of the valley, you can see a broken bridge that leads to a small area. I never could figure out how to reach that area. Any suggestions? Looks like there are some magical goodies over there.

I never found out how to get there as well. Tried to do it not long ago when I replayed G2 NotR again as well but I had no idea. I guess that's just something you can't get (now I think I could have tried telekinesis though...).

Either learn acrobatics (by getting Dex >= 90), or try to get a "turn to Scavenger" scroll and use it. THen jump from the higher riff to that location.
Be aware that you probably need another scroll if you want to return to the mainland ...

Either learn acrobatics (by getting Dex >= 90), or try to get a "turn to Scavenger" scroll and use it. THen jump from the higher riff to that location.
Be aware that you probably need another scroll if you want to return to the mainland …

Yep, a Shadowbeast scroll also works, iirc.

Just make sure to save your game beforehand.

There's also a way to climb around and jump down (you jump up to the left near the orcs, before reaching the troll), but I prefer the shapeshifting options, since it's easier. There are several good items there, so it's worth it.

I replay G2 NotR several times per year, simply because it is such a fantastic game. I never get tired of it, especially the add-on world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom