BioWare - Two Key People leaving

Greg Ellis livestream

Cullen Rutherford from Bioware’s Dragon Age series speaks to his most loyal fans about his latest quest to defeat the hordes of cancel culture mobs who propagate inequality.

An in depth look of what’s really going on behind the scenes in the video game industry from Cullen’s perspective by his voice actor Greg Ellis.

Interesting stuff. This drama is going hot.

There were no real developers left at BW after the amazing Mass Effect 1-3 team departed. :D

Greg Ellis livestream

100 likes and over 1,000 dislikes in a few hours. :lol:

That man deserves a like from me, and I found a new channel.

Anyway it's an interesting look at why Mark Darrah is leaving BioWare at least. Makes me glad I'm not a drone at some corporate job anymore with a public image to uphold.

Edit: To bad he probably will be replaced by BioWare and EA now.

Last edited:
The new Project Lead behind the Dragon Age franchise posted his PR message.

A note from Christian Dailey - BioWare Blog
Happy Dragon Age Day!

I'd like to extend a huge thank you to Laura, Casey and Mark for their kind words yesterday, and confidence in me during this transition. Casey and Mark, who I've worked with over the last three years have both been such a positive influence, and I have learned so much from them. It is bittersweet indeed. I am going to miss working with them every day, but I know we will remain friends and I am excited for them as they embark on their next adventures.

Obviously stepping into this role on Dragon Age after Mark is a bit humbling. Mark is someone that I look up to and is a true BioWare legend. We all hope to make him proud as we look to deliver the best Dragon Age story yet, otherwise we know we’ll hear about it….

Johnny Depp.
I would love to debate that but this isn't the political section. Suffice to say friends from both of them on each side call him and her toxic. I've seen this personally in my life.

It's definitely an employee spat and it ruins career's.:nod:

Social Networking and public opinion makes it worse. Like a detective would say everyone has a viewpoint but you have to piece them all together for the truth.

Or simply weave out truth and bullshit.

My bad, the Twitter spat was between Mark Darrah and actor Greg Ellis who's done voice work in the DA series but isn't a Bioware employee.

I've got 10 bucks on Ellis ;)

e7fd26ac138df62b97c0a0becd98febb.jpg

images

Last edited:
Its completely irrelevant who leaves, who comes or who stays. Its the corporate structure under which creativity and enthusiasm cannot sustain. Corporate structures dont encourage or reward that. And in environment with absolute lack of motivation, companies like Bioware are destined to suffer and be closed at the end. But its quite remarkable how was Bioware able to delay it, so far.

Greg Ellis livestream

The plot thickens ;)
Can he even use the "Dragon Age" trademark the way he does? This still belongs to Bioware.

Because part four was ready last year but was scrapped by EA. BioWare had to reboot development from scratch again to implement and design a different game.

Link - https://kotaku.com/the-past-and-present-of-dragon-age-4-1833913351

Is that the book he's referring to in his article? Seems interesting, has anyone read it?

Very interesting article by the way, Jason Schreier seems to know his history (but it's hard for me to say for sure, I haven't followed that very closely).

Last edited:
I am actually surprised how little I care. That company is dead to me ever since I have to install Origin to play their mediocre games.

The Greg Ellis livestream got taken down by EA/BioWare as disgruntled fans probably reported the video. Also another sneak peak at Dragon Age 4 is incoming next week.
Don't miss a special look at the next DRAGON AGE from @bioware during #TheGameAwards next Thursday.
Link - https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1334920819378507778?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1334920819378507778%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamebanshee.com%2Fnews%2F124506-dragon-age-short-stories-and-upcoming-reveals.html

Weird timing as Cyberpunk 2077 is released that week as well.

Back
Top Bottom