What games are you playing now?

I have someone staying with me now, so that's cut down on my gaming quite a bit. When I actually do get to play, I've been exploring Astoria: Holders of the Power Saga, I've got maybe ten hours into it so far. The story has been really good, which is unusual for me as I'm often just hooked by decent combat, but this game has both.

Still playing No Man's Sky but it's losing steam finally. I haven't looked, but I'd guess 250 hours or so? I'll look when I'm not at work.

Things I think would improve it:
1. Unique structures-hide and seek games. These would hold blueprints to the best items in the game. Think of a new class of SS and SSS items that can only be found by landing on a world that had one of these.

2. More variety in the biomes. The game really only has 10 planets that are repeated endlessly.

3. More variety in plants/minerals/animals.

4. More depth to pets and a pet companion. I'd love to have a sentry dog robot that travels with me and kills hordelings.

Yeah, I also struggled to finish Greedfall. I really liked the first 1/2 - 2/3 of the game, but it started to feel like a chore towards the end.

You should be close to finishing if you're 60 hours in though.

Any side quests or companion quests you remember as particularly awesome? Will make sure to play before I hang up my pistol and rapier!

*rolls eyes* no-one plays it for the Original Campaign anymore.

Expansions, premium modules and regular modules is what it's for…

Well, I still love the OC :). Played it on Android tablet when it was released early last year ... and still found it a pretty satisfying run.

As for me, after finishing KotOR I am trying to figure out what comes next. Turns out Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy are 32-bit programs so they don’t run on the new MacOS (I only updated my old MacBook Air). Which is a bummer I planned to play those next but don’t need my full gaming PC for them.

So might do NWN again or KotOR2, or something else ... and wait for the Metro Redux release for the Switch next month :)

A little bit of slay the spire - there was a large update a few days ago - don't like the new character at all and most of the other changes are minor.

book of demons - about an hour so far - seems a little like original diablo but items are in the forms of cards (the cards are closer to equipment than actual cards like thea or slay the spire)

M&MX.. bit of a learning curve on this one. I was L6 before I realized my Crusader couldn't use 2H weapons, ever!
Elex. Hated all 3 major factions, then found Origin and saw that the stupid majors was intentional design. I've decided to just do the faction quests how I please and not be concerned about supporting any of them and see how that works out.

Well, I still love the OC :). Played it on Android tablet when it was released early last year … and still found it a pretty satisfying run.

I have no doubt you do and did. The almost famous Matt Barton still loves it too. However, making that point at that stage of the convo kinda misses the point of answering the criticism/issues the guy had with the game, beings as the points raised are not present in practically all the good expansions, premium modules and regular modules and are the games people actually talk about with positivity when they talk about NWN1 and encourage other people to play NWN 1.

I just knew using the word 'nobody' would garner a pedantic "well actually" from someone, but I still used it because it's something called a 'turn of phrase' whereby using any other word misses the point of frustration at people using the OC to refer to NWN 1 generally, particularly with regards to criticism.

As per usual, the dedicated deep-set fanboys are as little help in such discussions as the dedicated deep-set haters, in that both miss the nuance in favour of the knee-jerk. In effect, stepping up to defend NWN OC does as much to damage the NWN 1 legacy as people who bemoan NWN 1 purely for features only associated with the OC.

The OC should never be anyone's first shot at NWN 1...

I just knew using the word 'nobody' would garner a pedantic "well actually" from someone, but I still used it because it's something called a 'turn of phrase' whereby using any other word misses the point of frustration at people using the OC to refer to NWN 1 generally, particularly with regards to criticism.

No - it wasn’t so simple ... I wasn’t coming along for a #notallmen sort of pedantic response. Your dismissal of the OC as inherently evil trash deserved a counterpoint. Because it DOESN”T SUCK. There might be some uneven moments, might be things to criticize ... but THERE ARE REASONS why NWN in general is constantly listed as one of the best RPG’s of all time. And there I agree - that means the OC. It remains one of the most faithful D&D experiences available. Are there flaws - certainly ... and compared to modern action games the pacing can be a bit slow for some - but that is true of most classic games.

The OC should never be anyone's first shot at NWN 1…

And that is where I disagree ... YES, I prefer HotU to the OC - but I prefer the OC to SoU ... and the Premium Modules were much smaller and pretty hit-or-miss.

But ... perhaps that would be better for a new player. Something like Daggerford or one of the other smaller modules to figure out what they do or do not like? Who knows.

20h into another gothic 1 replay, this time with the dx11 thingie, and looks pretty good; fortunately no crash so far, pretty stable. Only downsight so far is the sun rises and goes down in the same place i think but no idea if dx11 causes that lol. Btw seems modern computers fucked something up and npcs dont go to sleep anymore at night, so stealing is pretty hard (but there is an unofficial patch that fixes that)

About a third of the way through Jedi Academy ... three things:
- Plot is definitely worse than Jedi Outcast ... that was obvious in 2003 and not a controversial opinion!
- The 'plot and side-mission' structure along with choosing your force powers makes it just an incredible game: better than any of the other Jedi Knight games in that regard.
- Lightsaber combat is still better than anything else - including Jedi Fallen Order.

About a third of the way through Jedi Academy … three things:
- Plot is definitely worse than Jedi Outcast … that was obvious in 2003 and not a controversial opinion!
- The 'plot and side-mission' structure along with choosing your force powers makes it just an incredible game: better than any of the other Jedi Knight games in that regard.
- Lightsaber combat is still better than anything else - including Jedi Fallen Order.

Ah yeah! Jedi Outcast and Academy are great games. I preferred Outcast I think, but the lightsabre combat in both is still immensely satisfying. Using a double bladed sabre never gets old!

Personally, I found myself wanting to play an adventure game for a change of pace and I picked up Telltale's Walking Dead on Steam. It's all cut-scenes and QTEs so far but I'm enjoying it despite myself - the script, characters and voice acting are good and the plot is interesting so far. Not sure if I'll make it through the whole series without getting bored but it's a thumbs up at the minute.

My Kingmaker run is on hold again. I enjoyed Chapter 1 well enough but lost interest when all the kingdom management stuff kicked in. I'll get back to it at some point I imagine.

Ah yeah! Jedi Outcast and Academy are great games. I preferred Outcast I think, but the lightsabre combat in both is still immensely satisfying. Using a double bladed sabre never gets old!

I agree that Jedi Outcast has the better overall narrative, but I was amazed at how well Academy has aged and how well the mission levels grow in intensity and an urgent connection to the main story as you get to ‘tier 3’ stuff.

Also the new ‘moves’ associated with the dual-wield and double-bladed sabers were very well implemented.

I just finished Jedi Academy ... started replaying Knights of the Old Republic II, but not sure if I will stick with that or restart Divinity: Original Sin II on the Switch, or maybe something else ...

Started playing Diablo 1 after 20+ years again. Ugh the eye strain… But it's fun and I love it. I'm constantly on the wiki learning stuff I've largely ignored as a kid. Pumping points into dex makes playing warrior way easier :). I remember clicking on every shrine back then, now I'm more careful, had no clue some of them are quite harmful. Zombies draining max HP x_x … Actually wondering how I completed the game back then.

A bit of space rangers 2 hd; been a long time since i played and had forgotten just how slow the first bit is until you upgrade your ship to the point you can start doing something useful ;)
-
It is a slow and unforgivable game with a very slow startup time....

Started to replay some of my older strategy games.

I'll start with Supreme Commander & Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.

Didn't feel like getting hooked into KotOR II quite yet so I started a replay of Jedi Knight II ... and just like that a couple of nights later I'm on Yavin for the finale! :D

Back
Top Bottom