Diablo 3 - Editorial on the Ending @ Kotaku

aries100

SasqWatch
Kotaku's Kirk Hamilton has an editorial about the ending in Diablo 3. He didn't like it as you
can see from this somewhat spoilerfree quote:
That was all fine—I could see this being a decent fight, particularly in a big party on a higher difficulty. But after it ended… my little entourage of still-alive NPCs assembled where Diablo had fallen, and everyone stood still for a while. I gathered some loot from Diablo—I got a belt, and a staff, and a couple of archery things that I can't use. The belt wasn't that good, the staff was okay. And then it was time to end the game. A cutscene played (and not even a particularly cool one by Blizzard's very high cutscene standards). And then it was time to start all over again.
More information.

for the amount of time spent developing the game, i do wish they would have been more risky with content or dynamic additions. perhaps an expansion will make it better (lords of destruction), but yes i feel that diablo 3 in its current state is nothing more then a treadmill.

It only lasted a few weeks for me then I had no interest in bothering to play anymore. Diablo 2 seemed to last forever, at least until the graphics were too beneath me after some computer upgrades...

Luckily, Guild Wars 2 is tons of fun to play, and will be out soon enough...

Back
Top Bottom