What games are you playing now?

Yeah, I think I know what you're referring to now. I assume you're talking about how Shepard is slightly hunched over when you sprint. I think it looks a bit odd but I don't consider it a big deal tbh. I'm more annoyed by not being able to holster my weapon during missions.

I'd describe it as looking like a cheap indie game during the running sequence. The holster thing also pissed me off.

We'll simply agree to disagree.

Certainly :)

Yeah, it's not much of an RPG, but then it never has been. Even the first game still played like more of a shooter than anything. I agree that it got much worse in that aspect since ME1 though.

Much worse, I'd say. But it's not just the ratio - it's the streamlining and simplification of all the systems. ME3 is a bit better - but it feels kinda tacked on and gimmicky for the most part.

But hey - to each his own!

Out of curiosity - how far did you actually play? :)

Hmm… 20-25 hours in during my last attempt.

About 2 main missions after all the Citadel stuff, IIRC.

How far have you played at this point - out of curiosity?

I'm currently in the Citadel, but I'll definitely be completing a full playthrough.

I'm starting to feel like we're hijacking the thread though. Let's continue here.

LMAO, that's not bad animation, it is actually just that EA didn't tell you that he got too scared, and did something in his pants :) which is causing some problems when he is running.

haha. I have to say that I think the whole Earth sequence up to Shepard's return to the Normandy was the shittiest part of the game. So many problems with it. It leaves a pretty crappy first impression.

Well, I am seriously wowed by the Dead Money DLC for Fallout: New Vegas. Best RPGing since MotB, plus the survival horror and atmosphere is great. Highly recommended! Kudos to Obsidian! Only complaint is the annoying speakers and holograms in the vault. I died too many times in there...

It's strange because a lot of people tend to dislike Dead Money for some reason. Personally, I rank it up there #2 of the DLCs, behind OWB.

I tried playing Risen 2 over the weekend, but the combat was just horrible. One of the worst I've seen, tbh. Sooo, I'm back to M&M 3, living large in the old-school world and having a blast.

It's strange because a lot of people tend to dislike Dead Money for some reason. Personally, I rank it up there #2 of the DLCs, behind OWB.

Yeah, well it's not for your run and gun types, or people who like FPS's with stats, or people who like to speedrun. That's enough to explain it, I suppose. I'm methodical, so I felt greatly rewarded playing it stealthy, using unarmed sneak attacks when needed.

Also not on hardcore mode, where even outside the cloud, you lose health. That would probably be too annoying and ruin it for me.

Too many games :D

How to Survive - surprisingly fun zombie action/survival RPG, very good combat mechanics, story sucks, like expected.

State of Decay - Decent fun, but imo not as good as How to Survive, really thought this game would be better.

Deadly Premonition - my third(!) copy of this game, now on PC. Fantastic survival horror, very unique and really deserves the few 10/10 it has gotten.. What Alan Wake should have been.

Don't Starve - Unique and fun, love the art style.. Managed to survive for 9 nights so far.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Really great kart racing game, enjoyed this one even more than the latest two MarioKarts (the 3DS and Wii one).

Dishonored - I don't know, the game doesnt draw me in really, but the setting itself is great.

Skyrim - serious attempt no. 4 (or so). Like always i spend 30% tweaking the .ini and downloading mods, 60% modding it, and 10% actually playing it. And also my game got so buggy and glitchy after a while (because of mods) that i had to reinstall the whole thing and now i have to restart, again. I think i need to buy this for my 360 instead..

SteamWorld Dig (3ds) - Kind of meh, thought it would be better. Dig Dug type of game (which i usually like), i guess i've been spoiled by Terraria.

GTA V (360) - Incredible, like expected. But for some reason i haven't been playing it too much. Could it be because i'm playing like 8 other games at the same time? Could be…

Back to DX:HR Directors cut - boss fights (so far) much better! Some interesting little UI changes that make it more seamless. Still amazing game.

After that? Brigamore Witches DLC as really liked dishonoured

After that? Brigamore Witches DLC as really liked dishonoured

You have played "Knife of Dunwall" DLC already I assume?

Bouncing between Fallout 3 and Avadon 2, depending on my mood. Fallout 3 is just like a nice pair of gloves, secure and comfortable. Avadon 2 is good but doesn't totally resolve my bloodthirsty mood of late.

How to Survive - surprisingly fun zombie action/survival RPG, very good combat mechanics, story sucks, like expected.

Yep, I tried it on a whim and was surprised how good it is. I might do a full playthrough after I finish Mass Effect 3.

Speaking of which… I haven't had much time for gaming this week, but I'm still playing ME3 and enjoying it.

What surprises me about ME3 though is how uneven the dialogue is in terms of quality. Most of the plot related dialogue is pretty good, but some of the NPC dialogue is just terrible imo. I find Javik in particular to be horribly written and voice acted.

Don't Starve - Unique and fun, love the art style.. Managed to survive for 9 nights so far.

Yeah, I was totally surprised by that one too. Bought it on the summer sale for like 8 euros mostly drawn by the Burtonesque vibe and was hooked for quite a while (probably on an rpg slump at the time). Current personal record is 366 days (jumped world on day 365). Will revisit some time in the future to check out the more challenging Cave content.

Having lots of Fun with DE:HR, currently.

Back
Top Bottom